Feb 1, 2012, 7:54 PM EDT
Nathan Horton is the latest Boston Bruins forward to deal with recurring concussion issues but CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty reports that he’s making progress. Horton still isn’t at the point where he’s making those strides in a literal way – on the ice – though.
Horton has been sidelined for two games and counting thanks to a blindside hit by Philadelphia Flyers tough guy Tom Sestito. He recently recovered from a high-profile concussion suffered in Game 3 of the 2011 Stanley Cup finals, although it’s unlikely that this issue is as serious as the blow administered by Aaron Rome.
Horton has experienced an up-and-down season, but the results have been pretty solid overall. He has 17 goals and 32 points in 46 games with a robust 54 penalty minutes.
The Bruins are a deep enough team to withstand this loss for a while, but there’s little doubt that the team would prefer to keep the Horton, Milan Lucic and David Krejci line together as often as possible.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 5
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 7
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 15
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 2
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)