Feb 1, 2012, 4:40 PM EDT
A 34-year-old Minnesota man was arrested Monday for allegedly driving a Zamboni drunk.
Fortunately, he wasn’t pulled over on the highway.
Via the StarTribune:
About 25 minutes into what should have been a 10-minute job resurfacing the ice, the driver — a part-time employee of the city of Apple Valley — tried to maneuver the unwieldy machine into the arena garage. By then, coach Bryan Dornstreich had called 911.
… Before the PeeWee C players, ages 11 to 13, took the ice, Dornstreich said he noticed that the rink attendant was “making stripes on the ice.” But the driver went back and corrected all his mistakes. After the game it was a different story, though.
While Dornstreich was working with a referee, a parent ran over to say that the rink attendant was “weaving all over, slurring his words.”
The paper reports there have been arrests in Minnesota for DUI on “everything from a souped-up motorized recliner to a farm tractor,” but it didn’t say anything about a Zamboni.
PS — We’re not sure if there’s a difference between a motorized recliner and a “souped-up” motorized recliner. But if there is, we hope it involves hydraulics.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 2
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 32
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 143
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 28
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (145)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)