Feb 1, 2012, 4:40 PM EDT
A 34-year-old Minnesota man was arrested Monday for allegedly driving a Zamboni drunk.
Fortunately, he wasn’t pulled over on the highway.
Via the StarTribune:
About 25 minutes into what should have been a 10-minute job resurfacing the ice, the driver — a part-time employee of the city of Apple Valley — tried to maneuver the unwieldy machine into the arena garage. By then, coach Bryan Dornstreich had called 911.
… Before the PeeWee C players, ages 11 to 13, took the ice, Dornstreich said he noticed that the rink attendant was “making stripes on the ice.” But the driver went back and corrected all his mistakes. After the game it was a different story, though.
While Dornstreich was working with a referee, a parent ran over to say that the rink attendant was “weaving all over, slurring his words.”
The paper reports there have been arrests in Minnesota for DUI on “everything from a souped-up motorized recliner to a farm tractor,” but it didn’t say anything about a Zamboni.
PS — We’re not sure if there’s a difference between a motorized recliner and a “souped-up” motorized recliner. But if there is, we hope it involves hydraulics.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 29
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)