Feb 1, 2012, 4:53 PM EDT
The slash occurred early in the second period of New Jersey’s 4-3 shootout win, yet no penalty was called on the play. The slash didn’t seem to affect Rupp any — he played six more shifts the remainder of the contest — though it should be mentioned this wasn’t the first time he and Boulton have tangled.
The two fought twice in the same game back in 2009, then met up again on Sept. 23 of last year:
Boulton’s $2,500 fine was the maximum allowed under the NHL’s collective bargaining agreement. The money goes to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5