Feb 1, 2012, 4:53 PM EDT
The slash occurred early in the second period of New Jersey’s 4-3 shootout win, yet no penalty was called on the play. The slash didn’t seem to affect Rupp any — he played six more shifts the remainder of the contest — though it should be mentioned this wasn’t the first time he and Boulton have tangled.
The two fought twice in the same game back in 2009, then met up again on Sept. 23 of last year:
Boulton’s $2,500 fine was the maximum allowed under the NHL’s collective bargaining agreement. The money goes to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40