Feb 1, 2012, 4:53 PM EST
The slash occurred early in the second period of New Jersey’s 4-3 shootout win, yet no penalty was called on the play. The slash didn’t seem to affect Rupp any — he played six more shifts the remainder of the contest — though it should be mentioned this wasn’t the first time he and Boulton have tangled.
The two fought twice in the same game back in 2009, then met up again on Sept. 23 of last year:
Boulton’s $2,500 fine was the maximum allowed under the NHL’s collective bargaining agreement. The money goes to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 8
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15