Feb 1, 2012, 4:53 PM EDT
The slash occurred early in the second period of New Jersey’s 4-3 shootout win, yet no penalty was called on the play. The slash didn’t seem to affect Rupp any — he played six more shifts the remainder of the contest — though it should be mentioned this wasn’t the first time he and Boulton have tangled.
The two fought twice in the same game back in 2009, then met up again on Sept. 23 of last year:
Boulton’s $2,500 fine was the maximum allowed under the NHL’s collective bargaining agreement. The money goes to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 0
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 12
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14