Feb 1, 2012, 11:53 AM EST
According to Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch, “multiple sources” confirmed the Blue Jackets have put center Jeff Carter on the trading block. That might come as a surprise to some — Carter was acquired just seven months ago, after all — but one guy remains unsurprised by this latest development:
“There’s talk about a lot of guys right now,” Carter told The Dispatch. “Our team, with the way the season has gone — the injuries, the standings, and stuff — I don’t think it should come as a surprise to anybody on our team if they end up [in rumors].”
Carter’s appeared in just 30 of Columbus’ 50 games due to a myriad of injuries and hasn’t played since Jan. 8 because of a shoulder issue. When he has been in the lineup, he’s appeared disinterested (10G-7A-17PTS, minus-9) — though that shouldn’t come as a surprise given his reaction upon being traded to Columbus in the first place.
While Carter insists he hasn’t asked for a trade out of Ohio — “I’m here to play hockey,” he told Portzline — Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson did acknowledge he met recently with Carter’s agent, Rick Curren.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 16
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8