Feb 1, 2012, 11:53 AM EDT
According to Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch, “multiple sources” confirmed the Blue Jackets have put center Jeff Carter on the trading block. That might come as a surprise to some — Carter was acquired just seven months ago, after all — but one guy remains unsurprised by this latest development:
“There’s talk about a lot of guys right now,” Carter told The Dispatch. “Our team, with the way the season has gone — the injuries, the standings, and stuff — I don’t think it should come as a surprise to anybody on our team if they end up [in rumors].”
Carter’s appeared in just 30 of Columbus’ 50 games due to a myriad of injuries and hasn’t played since Jan. 8 because of a shoulder issue. When he has been in the lineup, he’s appeared disinterested (10G-7A-17PTS, minus-9) — though that shouldn’t come as a surprise given his reaction upon being traded to Columbus in the first place.
While Carter insists he hasn’t asked for a trade out of Ohio — “I’m here to play hockey,” he told Portzline — Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson did acknowledge he met recently with Carter’s agent, Rick Curren.
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 13
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 28
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 8
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42