Feb 1, 2012, 11:53 AM EDT
According to Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch, “multiple sources” confirmed the Blue Jackets have put center Jeff Carter on the trading block. That might come as a surprise to some — Carter was acquired just seven months ago, after all — but one guy remains unsurprised by this latest development:
“There’s talk about a lot of guys right now,” Carter told The Dispatch. “Our team, with the way the season has gone — the injuries, the standings, and stuff — I don’t think it should come as a surprise to anybody on our team if they end up [in rumors].”
Carter’s appeared in just 30 of Columbus’ 50 games due to a myriad of injuries and hasn’t played since Jan. 8 because of a shoulder issue. When he has been in the lineup, he’s appeared disinterested (10G-7A-17PTS, minus-9) — though that shouldn’t come as a surprise given his reaction upon being traded to Columbus in the first place.
While Carter insists he hasn’t asked for a trade out of Ohio — “I’m here to play hockey,” he told Portzline — Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson did acknowledge he met recently with Carter’s agent, Rick Curren.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 51
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 19
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 20
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead