Feb 1, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
Boll received a two-minute minor penalty for an illegal check to the head, a hit that left Sharks coach Todd McLellan with mixed feelings.
“It created a lot of emotion in the game,” McLellan told CSN Bay Area. “As a coach, you’re always worried about whether the guys will be sleepy and what will trigger the game. Then,  seconds in, the guys are on their toes already and ready to play. That was a good thing for us.
“It’s not great that Jumbo got an elbow to the head, but it did wake our group up and we played after that.”
Interesting to note that Boll only received a fine for the elbow, as he could’ve been deemed a repeat offender. He was suspended one game in 2008 for instigating a fight in the final minutes of a win over Colorado, though it’s possible the statute of limitations came into effect (hey, it was four years ago.)
As per usual, Boll’s $2,500 will go to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)