Feb 1, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
Boll received a two-minute minor penalty for an illegal check to the head, a hit that left Sharks coach Todd McLellan with mixed feelings.
“It created a lot of emotion in the game,” McLellan told CSN Bay Area. “As a coach, you’re always worried about whether the guys will be sleepy and what will trigger the game. Then,  seconds in, the guys are on their toes already and ready to play. That was a good thing for us.
“It’s not great that Jumbo got an elbow to the head, but it did wake our group up and we played after that.”
Interesting to note that Boll only received a fine for the elbow, as he could’ve been deemed a repeat offender. He was suspended one game in 2008 for instigating a fight in the final minutes of a win over Colorado, though it’s possible the statute of limitations came into effect (hey, it was four years ago.)
As per usual, Boll’s $2,500 will go to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)