Feb 1, 2012, 5:22 PM EST
Boll received a two-minute minor penalty for an illegal check to the head, a hit that left Sharks coach Todd McLellan with mixed feelings.
“It created a lot of emotion in the game,” McLellan told CSN Bay Area. “As a coach, you’re always worried about whether the guys will be sleepy and what will trigger the game. Then,  seconds in, the guys are on their toes already and ready to play. That was a good thing for us.
“It’s not great that Jumbo got an elbow to the head, but it did wake our group up and we played after that.”
Interesting to note that Boll only received a fine for the elbow, as he could’ve been deemed a repeat offender. He was suspended one game in 2008 for instigating a fight in the final minutes of a win over Colorado, though it’s possible the statute of limitations came into effect (hey, it was four years ago.)
As per usual, Boll’s $2,500 will go to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 4
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 26
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16