Jan 31, 2012, 10:34 AM EDT
Victor Hedman‘s recovery from a concussion is at an end.
Hedman will be back in the Lightning lineup tonight against the Capitals after missing 14 games with the brain injury. Hedman rejoins a Lightning team that’s won four games in a row and could use any and all the help they can get on defense. Hedman tells Erik Erlendsson of The Tampa Tribune that he couldn’t feel better.
“I feel awesome,” Hedman said after the 65-minute practice. “I feel good and ready to play. I want to be in the lineup all the time and contribute and do whatever it takes to help the team win.”
They’ll need his big body and defensive presence to help both Dwayne Roloson and Mathieu Garon out in goal to keep the Lightning’s winning ways rolling along. Hedman has two goals and four assists this season and a plus/minus rating of -12 and has been playing a ton of minutes averaging over 22 a game.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 28
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)