Jan 31, 2012, 10:34 AM EDT
Victor Hedman‘s recovery from a concussion is at an end.
Hedman will be back in the Lightning lineup tonight against the Capitals after missing 14 games with the brain injury. Hedman rejoins a Lightning team that’s won four games in a row and could use any and all the help they can get on defense. Hedman tells Erik Erlendsson of The Tampa Tribune that he couldn’t feel better.
“I feel awesome,” Hedman said after the 65-minute practice. “I feel good and ready to play. I want to be in the lineup all the time and contribute and do whatever it takes to help the team win.”
They’ll need his big body and defensive presence to help both Dwayne Roloson and Mathieu Garon out in goal to keep the Lightning’s winning ways rolling along. Hedman has two goals and four assists this season and a plus/minus rating of -12 and has been playing a ton of minutes averaging over 22 a game.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5