Jan 31, 2012, 10:34 AM EDT
Victor Hedman‘s recovery from a concussion is at an end.
Hedman will be back in the Lightning lineup tonight against the Capitals after missing 14 games with the brain injury. Hedman rejoins a Lightning team that’s won four games in a row and could use any and all the help they can get on defense. Hedman tells Erik Erlendsson of The Tampa Tribune that he couldn’t feel better.
“I feel awesome,” Hedman said after the 65-minute practice. “I feel good and ready to play. I want to be in the lineup all the time and contribute and do whatever it takes to help the team win.”
They’ll need his big body and defensive presence to help both Dwayne Roloson and Mathieu Garon out in goal to keep the Lightning’s winning ways rolling along. Hedman has two goals and four assists this season and a plus/minus rating of -12 and has been playing a ton of minutes averaging over 22 a game.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 4
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (55)