Jan 31, 2012, 10:34 AM EDT
Victor Hedman‘s recovery from a concussion is at an end.
Hedman will be back in the Lightning lineup tonight against the Capitals after missing 14 games with the brain injury. Hedman rejoins a Lightning team that’s won four games in a row and could use any and all the help they can get on defense. Hedman tells Erik Erlendsson of The Tampa Tribune that he couldn’t feel better.
“I feel awesome,” Hedman said after the 65-minute practice. “I feel good and ready to play. I want to be in the lineup all the time and contribute and do whatever it takes to help the team win.”
They’ll need his big body and defensive presence to help both Dwayne Roloson and Mathieu Garon out in goal to keep the Lightning’s winning ways rolling along. Hedman has two goals and four assists this season and a plus/minus rating of -12 and has been playing a ton of minutes averaging over 22 a game.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 39
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 10
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54