Jan 31, 2012, 10:34 AM EST
Victor Hedman‘s recovery from a concussion is at an end.
Hedman will be back in the Lightning lineup tonight against the Capitals after missing 14 games with the brain injury. Hedman rejoins a Lightning team that’s won four games in a row and could use any and all the help they can get on defense. Hedman tells Erik Erlendsson of The Tampa Tribune that he couldn’t feel better.
“I feel awesome,” Hedman said after the 65-minute practice. “I feel good and ready to play. I want to be in the lineup all the time and contribute and do whatever it takes to help the team win.”
They’ll need his big body and defensive presence to help both Dwayne Roloson and Mathieu Garon out in goal to keep the Lightning’s winning ways rolling along. Hedman has two goals and four assists this season and a plus/minus rating of -12 and has been playing a ton of minutes averaging over 22 a game.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 28
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)