Jan 31, 2012, 2:57 PM EDT
Good news on the injury front for the Dallas Stars — captain Brenden Morrow was activated from injured reserve and will rejoin the team for a two-game set in California against the Ducks and Sharks.
“Everything looks good. Everybody looks healthy and ready,” Stars coach Glen Gulutzan told ESPN Dallas. “It’s going to be a big test for us now.”
Morrow missed the Stars’ last game before the All-Star break — a 1-0 win over Anaheim — with a neck/shoulder issue, the latest ailment in what’s been an injury-plagued campaign. Morrow missed time earlier this season with an upper-body injury (after getting nailed by Edmonton’s Ryan Nugent-Hopkins) and has had issues adjusting to playing with a knee brace.
Morrow’s return will be interesting to watch — during the All-Star break, TSN’s Bob McKenzie reported that trade rumors involving the Stars captain had been floating around Ottawa. But with the Stars now back at full health and just three points back of the eighth and final playoff spot in the West, they might be buyers at the deadline rather than sellers.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7