Jan 31, 2012, 2:57 PM EDT
Good news on the injury front for the Dallas Stars — captain Brenden Morrow was activated from injured reserve and will rejoin the team for a two-game set in California against the Ducks and Sharks.
“Everything looks good. Everybody looks healthy and ready,” Stars coach Glen Gulutzan told ESPN Dallas. “It’s going to be a big test for us now.”
Morrow missed the Stars’ last game before the All-Star break — a 1-0 win over Anaheim — with a neck/shoulder issue, the latest ailment in what’s been an injury-plagued campaign. Morrow missed time earlier this season with an upper-body injury (after getting nailed by Edmonton’s Ryan Nugent-Hopkins) and has had issues adjusting to playing with a knee brace.
Morrow’s return will be interesting to watch — during the All-Star break, TSN’s Bob McKenzie reported that trade rumors involving the Stars captain had been floating around Ottawa. But with the Stars now back at full health and just three points back of the eighth and final playoff spot in the West, they might be buyers at the deadline rather than sellers.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31