Jan 31, 2012, 2:57 PM EDT
Good news on the injury front for the Dallas Stars — captain Brenden Morrow was activated from injured reserve and will rejoin the team for a two-game set in California against the Ducks and Sharks.
“Everything looks good. Everybody looks healthy and ready,” Stars coach Glen Gulutzan told ESPN Dallas. “It’s going to be a big test for us now.”
Morrow missed the Stars’ last game before the All-Star break — a 1-0 win over Anaheim — with a neck/shoulder issue, the latest ailment in what’s been an injury-plagued campaign. Morrow missed time earlier this season with an upper-body injury (after getting nailed by Edmonton’s Ryan Nugent-Hopkins) and has had issues adjusting to playing with a knee brace.
Morrow’s return will be interesting to watch — during the All-Star break, TSN’s Bob McKenzie reported that trade rumors involving the Stars captain had been floating around Ottawa. But with the Stars now back at full health and just three points back of the eighth and final playoff spot in the West, they might be buyers at the deadline rather than sellers.
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 0
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 67
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 32
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona