Jan 31, 2012, 2:57 PM EST
Good news on the injury front for the Dallas Stars — captain Brenden Morrow was activated from injured reserve and will rejoin the team for a two-game set in California against the Ducks and Sharks.
“Everything looks good. Everybody looks healthy and ready,” Stars coach Glen Gulutzan told ESPN Dallas. “It’s going to be a big test for us now.”
Morrow missed the Stars’ last game before the All-Star break — a 1-0 win over Anaheim — with a neck/shoulder issue, the latest ailment in what’s been an injury-plagued campaign. Morrow missed time earlier this season with an upper-body injury (after getting nailed by Edmonton’s Ryan Nugent-Hopkins) and has had issues adjusting to playing with a knee brace.
Morrow’s return will be interesting to watch — during the All-Star break, TSN’s Bob McKenzie reported that trade rumors involving the Stars captain had been floating around Ottawa. But with the Stars now back at full health and just three points back of the eighth and final playoff spot in the West, they might be buyers at the deadline rather than sellers.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (67)