Jan 31, 2012, 2:57 PM EDT
Good news on the injury front for the Dallas Stars — captain Brenden Morrow was activated from injured reserve and will rejoin the team for a two-game set in California against the Ducks and Sharks.
“Everything looks good. Everybody looks healthy and ready,” Stars coach Glen Gulutzan told ESPN Dallas. “It’s going to be a big test for us now.”
Morrow missed the Stars’ last game before the All-Star break — a 1-0 win over Anaheim — with a neck/shoulder issue, the latest ailment in what’s been an injury-plagued campaign. Morrow missed time earlier this season with an upper-body injury (after getting nailed by Edmonton’s Ryan Nugent-Hopkins) and has had issues adjusting to playing with a knee brace.
Morrow’s return will be interesting to watch — during the All-Star break, TSN’s Bob McKenzie reported that trade rumors involving the Stars captain had been floating around Ottawa. But with the Stars now back at full health and just three points back of the eighth and final playoff spot in the West, they might be buyers at the deadline rather than sellers.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 0
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 36
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)