Jan 30, 2012, 4:55 PM EST
Winnipeg’s local NHL team wants the public to know it has nothing to do with the skeevy guy posting inappropriate Jets-related material on YouTube.
This announcement comes on the heels of news that Winnipeg police are investigating a man filming and posting videos of young women under the name “MrJetztv.”
The subject of the investigation, 42-year-old Darrell Ackman, has posted several videos in which young women — some teenage girls — talk about the Winnipeg Jets (Ackman often appears wearing Jets gear and offering game tickets). One video involves an 18-year-old woman who told CBC News she doesn’t remember the night she was filmed.
Other MrJetzTV videos include footage of people inside bar bathrooms and women being filmed in gyms — from outside the gyms.
Ackman told CBC he makes videos of “pretty people.”
“I’m born here and there’s multiculturalism here. Like, there’s native girls … in Florida, you don’t see no native girls,” he said. “It’s not just about girls; I have guys on there too.
“But I do like girls, and I like watching things like Girls Gone Wild. It’s one of my favorite things to watch.”
In a related story, there’s an active warrant for Ackman’s arrest in Florida, stemming from charges of deriving support from the proceeds of prostitution.
So, to recap: The Winnipeg Jets don’t have anything to do with the Girls Gone Wild enthusiast that’s facing prostitution-related charges while making weird videos around town.
(Photo courtesy CBC.ca)
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 16
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 4
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 21
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory (53)