Jan 30, 2012, 4:55 PM EST
Winnipeg’s local NHL team wants the public to know it has nothing to do with the skeevy guy posting inappropriate Jets-related material on YouTube.
This announcement comes on the heels of news that Winnipeg police are investigating a man filming and posting videos of young women under the name “MrJetztv.”
The subject of the investigation, 42-year-old Darrell Ackman, has posted several videos in which young women — some teenage girls — talk about the Winnipeg Jets (Ackman often appears wearing Jets gear and offering game tickets). One video involves an 18-year-old woman who told CBC News she doesn’t remember the night she was filmed.
Other MrJetzTV videos include footage of people inside bar bathrooms and women being filmed in gyms — from outside the gyms.
Ackman told CBC he makes videos of “pretty people.”
“I’m born here and there’s multiculturalism here. Like, there’s native girls … in Florida, you don’t see no native girls,” he said. “It’s not just about girls; I have guys on there too.
“But I do like girls, and I like watching things like Girls Gone Wild. It’s one of my favorite things to watch.”
In a related story, there’s an active warrant for Ackman’s arrest in Florida, stemming from charges of deriving support from the proceeds of prostitution.
So, to recap: The Winnipeg Jets don’t have anything to do with the Girls Gone Wild enthusiast that’s facing prostitution-related charges while making weird videos around town.
(Photo courtesy CBC.ca)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (147)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)