Jan 30, 2012, 4:55 PM EDT
Winnipeg’s local NHL team wants the public to know it has nothing to do with the skeevy guy posting inappropriate Jets-related material on YouTube.
This announcement comes on the heels of news that Winnipeg police are investigating a man filming and posting videos of young women under the name “MrJetztv.”
The subject of the investigation, 42-year-old Darrell Ackman, has posted several videos in which young women — some teenage girls — talk about the Winnipeg Jets (Ackman often appears wearing Jets gear and offering game tickets). One video involves an 18-year-old woman who told CBC News she doesn’t remember the night she was filmed.
Other MrJetzTV videos include footage of people inside bar bathrooms and women being filmed in gyms — from outside the gyms.
Ackman told CBC he makes videos of “pretty people.”
“I’m born here and there’s multiculturalism here. Like, there’s native girls … in Florida, you don’t see no native girls,” he said. “It’s not just about girls; I have guys on there too.
“But I do like girls, and I like watching things like Girls Gone Wild. It’s one of my favorite things to watch.”
In a related story, there’s an active warrant for Ackman’s arrest in Florida, stemming from charges of deriving support from the proceeds of prostitution.
So, to recap: The Winnipeg Jets don’t have anything to do with the Girls Gone Wild enthusiast that’s facing prostitution-related charges while making weird videos around town.
(Photo courtesy CBC.ca)
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 21
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 36
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 21
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 19
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 20
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 76
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 109
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 21
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (109)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (100)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful