Jan 30, 2012, 4:55 PM EST
Winnipeg’s local NHL team wants the public to know it has nothing to do with the skeevy guy posting inappropriate Jets-related material on YouTube.
This announcement comes on the heels of news that Winnipeg police are investigating a man filming and posting videos of young women under the name “MrJetztv.”
The subject of the investigation, 42-year-old Darrell Ackman, has posted several videos in which young women — some teenage girls — talk about the Winnipeg Jets (Ackman often appears wearing Jets gear and offering game tickets). One video involves an 18-year-old woman who told CBC News she doesn’t remember the night she was filmed.
Other MrJetzTV videos include footage of people inside bar bathrooms and women being filmed in gyms — from outside the gyms.
Ackman told CBC he makes videos of “pretty people.”
“I’m born here and there’s multiculturalism here. Like, there’s native girls … in Florida, you don’t see no native girls,” he said. “It’s not just about girls; I have guys on there too.
“But I do like girls, and I like watching things like Girls Gone Wild. It’s one of my favorite things to watch.”
In a related story, there’s an active warrant for Ackman’s arrest in Florida, stemming from charges of deriving support from the proceeds of prostitution.
So, to recap: The Winnipeg Jets don’t have anything to do with the Girls Gone Wild enthusiast that’s facing prostitution-related charges while making weird videos around town.
(Photo courtesy CBC.ca)
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)