Jan 30, 2012, 4:55 PM EDT
Winnipeg’s local NHL team wants the public to know it has nothing to do with the skeevy guy posting inappropriate Jets-related material on YouTube.
This announcement comes on the heels of news that Winnipeg police are investigating a man filming and posting videos of young women under the name “MrJetztv.”
The subject of the investigation, 42-year-old Darrell Ackman, has posted several videos in which young women — some teenage girls — talk about the Winnipeg Jets (Ackman often appears wearing Jets gear and offering game tickets). One video involves an 18-year-old woman who told CBC News she doesn’t remember the night she was filmed.
Other MrJetzTV videos include footage of people inside bar bathrooms and women being filmed in gyms — from outside the gyms.
Ackman told CBC he makes videos of “pretty people.”
“I’m born here and there’s multiculturalism here. Like, there’s native girls … in Florida, you don’t see no native girls,” he said. “It’s not just about girls; I have guys on there too.
“But I do like girls, and I like watching things like Girls Gone Wild. It’s one of my favorite things to watch.”
In a related story, there’s an active warrant for Ackman’s arrest in Florida, stemming from charges of deriving support from the proceeds of prostitution.
So, to recap: The Winnipeg Jets don’t have anything to do with the Girls Gone Wild enthusiast that’s facing prostitution-related charges while making weird videos around town.
(Photo courtesy CBC.ca)
- All eyes on Lundqvist 4
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)