Jan 30, 2012, 11:46 AM EDT
Now that the All-Star Game is behind us, it’s time to zero in on trade rumors leading up to the trade deadline in four weeks. The name leading the way as perhaps the hottest commodity this season is Carolina’s Tuomo Ruutu.
TSN’s panel of insiders including Darren Dreger and Pierre McGuire say that Ruutu could be the first guy on the move this year and Dreger says that Carolina could pull the trigger on something as early as this week (video).
Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer talks about how the Hurricanes are going back to work with the rumors swirling around Ruutu and how the situation in Carolina might change up fast.
Everyone probably has heard the trade rumors by now. Tuomo Ruutu to the Predators, Ruutu to the Blackhawks, Ruutu to the Red Wings, Ruutu to the Bruins. Tim Gleason to the Flyers, Gleason to the Flames, Gleason to the Senators, Gleason to the Bruins. Really narrows it down, doesn’t it?
Jim Rutherford is the only man with the answers. Beginning this week, those answers may start coming.
With that much interest in Ruutu (and Gleason too) the Hurricanes are the team to watch over the next month.
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 13
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 62
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 24
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming