Jan 30, 2012, 11:46 AM EDT
Now that the All-Star Game is behind us, it’s time to zero in on trade rumors leading up to the trade deadline in four weeks. The name leading the way as perhaps the hottest commodity this season is Carolina’s Tuomo Ruutu.
TSN’s panel of insiders including Darren Dreger and Pierre McGuire say that Ruutu could be the first guy on the move this year and Dreger says that Carolina could pull the trigger on something as early as this week (video).
Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer talks about how the Hurricanes are going back to work with the rumors swirling around Ruutu and how the situation in Carolina might change up fast.
Everyone probably has heard the trade rumors by now. Tuomo Ruutu to the Predators, Ruutu to the Blackhawks, Ruutu to the Red Wings, Ruutu to the Bruins. Tim Gleason to the Flyers, Gleason to the Flames, Gleason to the Senators, Gleason to the Bruins. Really narrows it down, doesn’t it?
Jim Rutherford is the only man with the answers. Beginning this week, those answers may start coming.
With that much interest in Ruutu (and Gleason too) the Hurricanes are the team to watch over the next month.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5