Jan 30, 2012, 11:46 AM EDT
Now that the All-Star Game is behind us, it’s time to zero in on trade rumors leading up to the trade deadline in four weeks. The name leading the way as perhaps the hottest commodity this season is Carolina’s Tuomo Ruutu.
TSN’s panel of insiders including Darren Dreger and Pierre McGuire say that Ruutu could be the first guy on the move this year and Dreger says that Carolina could pull the trigger on something as early as this week (video).
Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer talks about how the Hurricanes are going back to work with the rumors swirling around Ruutu and how the situation in Carolina might change up fast.
Everyone probably has heard the trade rumors by now. Tuomo Ruutu to the Predators, Ruutu to the Blackhawks, Ruutu to the Red Wings, Ruutu to the Bruins. Tim Gleason to the Flyers, Gleason to the Flames, Gleason to the Senators, Gleason to the Bruins. Really narrows it down, doesn’t it?
Jim Rutherford is the only man with the answers. Beginning this week, those answers may start coming.
With that much interest in Ruutu (and Gleason too) the Hurricanes are the team to watch over the next month.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 64
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 29
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15