Jan 30, 2012, 11:46 AM EST
Now that the All-Star Game is behind us, it’s time to zero in on trade rumors leading up to the trade deadline in four weeks. The name leading the way as perhaps the hottest commodity this season is Carolina’s Tuomo Ruutu.
TSN’s panel of insiders including Darren Dreger and Pierre McGuire say that Ruutu could be the first guy on the move this year and Dreger says that Carolina could pull the trigger on something as early as this week (video).
Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer talks about how the Hurricanes are going back to work with the rumors swirling around Ruutu and how the situation in Carolina might change up fast.
Everyone probably has heard the trade rumors by now. Tuomo Ruutu to the Predators, Ruutu to the Blackhawks, Ruutu to the Red Wings, Ruutu to the Bruins. Tim Gleason to the Flyers, Gleason to the Flames, Gleason to the Senators, Gleason to the Bruins. Really narrows it down, doesn’t it?
Jim Rutherford is the only man with the answers. Beginning this week, those answers may start coming.
With that much interest in Ruutu (and Gleason too) the Hurricanes are the team to watch over the next month.
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 0
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 6
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 20
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 15
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 42
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 5
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)