Jan 30, 2012, 11:46 AM EDT
Now that the All-Star Game is behind us, it’s time to zero in on trade rumors leading up to the trade deadline in four weeks. The name leading the way as perhaps the hottest commodity this season is Carolina’s Tuomo Ruutu.
TSN’s panel of insiders including Darren Dreger and Pierre McGuire say that Ruutu could be the first guy on the move this year and Dreger says that Carolina could pull the trigger on something as early as this week (video).
Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer talks about how the Hurricanes are going back to work with the rumors swirling around Ruutu and how the situation in Carolina might change up fast.
Everyone probably has heard the trade rumors by now. Tuomo Ruutu to the Predators, Ruutu to the Blackhawks, Ruutu to the Red Wings, Ruutu to the Bruins. Tim Gleason to the Flyers, Gleason to the Flames, Gleason to the Senators, Gleason to the Bruins. Really narrows it down, doesn’t it?
Jim Rutherford is the only man with the answers. Beginning this week, those answers may start coming.
With that much interest in Ruutu (and Gleason too) the Hurricanes are the team to watch over the next month.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)