Jan 30, 2012, 10:10 AM EDT
With the revelation over the weekend that Sidney Crosby may have an injured neck as well as a second concussion that’s keeping him out of action, something Penguins doctors say he’s healed from, all eyes are focused on what his MRI and CAT scan results will show.
Shelly Anderson of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette tells us this morning that Crosby’s test results may become known as soon as today.
Results of his recent MRI and CAT scans are being examined by independent specialists. A team official said there was no word of those results, which could be released as soon as today.
The focus on Crosby’s health and the apparently missed diagnosis of what amounts to a broken neck has everyone scratching their heads.
Pittsburgh Tribune-Review columnist Dejan Kovacevic speaks out wondering just how with all the medical resources the Penguins have they could’ve missed a broken neck, especially since Crosby complained of neck soreness last January when he was first rocked by David Steckel‘s hit during the Winter Classic.
The Crosby Watch rages on in an entirely new direction, one that will have the Penguins’ staff concerned about how they’ve handled the NHL’s best player.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 2
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 25
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)