Jan 30, 2012, 10:10 AM EST
With the revelation over the weekend that Sidney Crosby may have an injured neck as well as a second concussion that’s keeping him out of action, something Penguins doctors say he’s healed from, all eyes are focused on what his MRI and CAT scan results will show.
Shelly Anderson of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette tells us this morning that Crosby’s test results may become known as soon as today.
Results of his recent MRI and CAT scans are being examined by independent specialists. A team official said there was no word of those results, which could be released as soon as today.
The focus on Crosby’s health and the apparently missed diagnosis of what amounts to a broken neck has everyone scratching their heads.
Pittsburgh Tribune-Review columnist Dejan Kovacevic speaks out wondering just how with all the medical resources the Penguins have they could’ve missed a broken neck, especially since Crosby complained of neck soreness last January when he was first rocked by David Steckel‘s hit during the Winter Classic.
The Crosby Watch rages on in an entirely new direction, one that will have the Penguins’ staff concerned about how they’ve handled the NHL’s best player.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)