Jan 30, 2012, 10:10 AM EDT
With the revelation over the weekend that Sidney Crosby may have an injured neck as well as a second concussion that’s keeping him out of action, something Penguins doctors say he’s healed from, all eyes are focused on what his MRI and CAT scan results will show.
Shelly Anderson of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette tells us this morning that Crosby’s test results may become known as soon as today.
Results of his recent MRI and CAT scans are being examined by independent specialists. A team official said there was no word of those results, which could be released as soon as today.
The focus on Crosby’s health and the apparently missed diagnosis of what amounts to a broken neck has everyone scratching their heads.
Pittsburgh Tribune-Review columnist Dejan Kovacevic speaks out wondering just how with all the medical resources the Penguins have they could’ve missed a broken neck, especially since Crosby complained of neck soreness last January when he was first rocked by David Steckel‘s hit during the Winter Classic.
The Crosby Watch rages on in an entirely new direction, one that will have the Penguins’ staff concerned about how they’ve handled the NHL’s best player.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 3
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 23
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 22
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)