Jan 30, 2012, 10:10 AM EST
With the revelation over the weekend that Sidney Crosby may have an injured neck as well as a second concussion that’s keeping him out of action, something Penguins doctors say he’s healed from, all eyes are focused on what his MRI and CAT scan results will show.
Shelly Anderson of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette tells us this morning that Crosby’s test results may become known as soon as today.
Results of his recent MRI and CAT scans are being examined by independent specialists. A team official said there was no word of those results, which could be released as soon as today.
The focus on Crosby’s health and the apparently missed diagnosis of what amounts to a broken neck has everyone scratching their heads.
Pittsburgh Tribune-Review columnist Dejan Kovacevic speaks out wondering just how with all the medical resources the Penguins have they could’ve missed a broken neck, especially since Crosby complained of neck soreness last January when he was first rocked by David Steckel‘s hit during the Winter Classic.
The Crosby Watch rages on in an entirely new direction, one that will have the Penguins’ staff concerned about how they’ve handled the NHL’s best player.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)