Jan 30, 2012, 8:16 AM EST
It’s possible you went into All-Star Weekend not caring much for Flyers forward Scott Hartnell. It’s even possible you disliked the guy a lot after seeing him beat your favorite team. One good way to win people over though is to do good things for those in need, and that’s just what he did during yesterday’s All-Star Game.
Hartnell has embraced a Twitter meme that counted up how many times he fell down during a game (#HartnellDown for those not in the Twitter world) and for yesterday’s game, Hartnell pledged $1000 for each time he went down.
The All-Star Game turned into a lucrative one for charity as he raised $4000 and Hartnell tells NHL.com’s Dave Lozo his teammates were more than eager to help him hit the ice.
“(Claude) Giroux was trying to trip me on the faceoffs,” Hartnell said. “He got me down during warmups once.”
It’s all fun and games during the All-Star Game, but doing little things like these as well as wearing a microphone during the game and giving Dion Phaneuf a piece of his mind will make Hartnell a cult hero in record time.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28