Jan 30, 2012, 6:37 PM EDT
You never know – maybe Alex Ovechkin’s three-game suspension will turn out to be a blessing in disguise.
“I’m pretty rested right now,” the Capitals’ captain said today after practice, as per CSNWashington.com. “I was surprised. My body feels fresh. My arms, my legs, my head.”
Not sure why he was surprised he felt rested after spending the All-Star break on vacation in Miami, unless he was doing more than building sand castles down there. But really, what are the chances of that? Is there even nightlife in Miami?
Anyway, the Capitals beat the Bruins in the first game of Ovechkin’s suspension. Tomorrow they’re in Tampa Bay to face the Lightning; Wednesday they play the Panthers in Sunrise.
Ovechkin will finally get to play Saturday in Montreal, almost two weeks after his last game on Sunday, Jan. 22.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 6
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)