Jan 30, 2012, 6:37 PM EDT
You never know – maybe Alex Ovechkin’s three-game suspension will turn out to be a blessing in disguise.
“I’m pretty rested right now,” the Capitals’ captain said today after practice, as per CSNWashington.com. “I was surprised. My body feels fresh. My arms, my legs, my head.”
Not sure why he was surprised he felt rested after spending the All-Star break on vacation in Miami, unless he was doing more than building sand castles down there. But really, what are the chances of that? Is there even nightlife in Miami?
Anyway, the Capitals beat the Bruins in the first game of Ovechkin’s suspension. Tomorrow they’re in Tampa Bay to face the Lightning; Wednesday they play the Panthers in Sunrise.
Ovechkin will finally get to play Saturday in Montreal, almost two weeks after his last game on Sunday, Jan. 22.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 0
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 17
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (36)