Jan 30, 2012, 6:37 PM EDT
You never know – maybe Alex Ovechkin’s three-game suspension will turn out to be a blessing in disguise.
“I’m pretty rested right now,” the Capitals’ captain said today after practice, as per CSNWashington.com. “I was surprised. My body feels fresh. My arms, my legs, my head.”
Not sure why he was surprised he felt rested after spending the All-Star break on vacation in Miami, unless he was doing more than building sand castles down there. But really, what are the chances of that? Is there even nightlife in Miami?
Anyway, the Capitals beat the Bruins in the first game of Ovechkin’s suspension. Tomorrow they’re in Tampa Bay to face the Lightning; Wednesday they play the Panthers in Sunrise.
Ovechkin will finally get to play Saturday in Montreal, almost two weeks after his last game on Sunday, Jan. 22.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 16
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)