Jan 30, 2012, 6:37 PM EDT
You never know – maybe Alex Ovechkin’s three-game suspension will turn out to be a blessing in disguise.
“I’m pretty rested right now,” the Capitals’ captain said today after practice, as per CSNWashington.com. “I was surprised. My body feels fresh. My arms, my legs, my head.”
Not sure why he was surprised he felt rested after spending the All-Star break on vacation in Miami, unless he was doing more than building sand castles down there. But really, what are the chances of that? Is there even nightlife in Miami?
Anyway, the Capitals beat the Bruins in the first game of Ovechkin’s suspension. Tomorrow they’re in Tampa Bay to face the Lightning; Wednesday they play the Panthers in Sunrise.
Ovechkin will finally get to play Saturday in Montreal, almost two weeks after his last game on Sunday, Jan. 22.
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 10
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 36
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12