Jan 30, 2012, 6:37 PM EDT
You never know – maybe Alex Ovechkin’s three-game suspension will turn out to be a blessing in disguise.
“I’m pretty rested right now,” the Capitals’ captain said today after practice, as per CSNWashington.com. “I was surprised. My body feels fresh. My arms, my legs, my head.”
Not sure why he was surprised he felt rested after spending the All-Star break on vacation in Miami, unless he was doing more than building sand castles down there. But really, what are the chances of that? Is there even nightlife in Miami?
Anyway, the Capitals beat the Bruins in the first game of Ovechkin’s suspension. Tomorrow they’re in Tampa Bay to face the Lightning; Wednesday they play the Panthers in Sunrise.
Ovechkin will finally get to play Saturday in Montreal, almost two weeks after his last game on Sunday, Jan. 22.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18