Jan 30, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
The Montreal Gazette would like to apologize for posting an unedited version of a Jack Todd column.
And what was the part of Todd’s column that shouldn’t have been published? Yeah, it was the part where Todd wrote that Boston goalie Tim Thomas skipped a team visit to the White House because President Barack Obama is black.
In fact, that part’s been cut entirely.
The part where Todd calls Thomas a “cretin” with “the class of a swamp-rat” remains, however.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 81
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50