Jan 30, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
The Montreal Gazette would like to apologize for posting an unedited version of a Jack Todd column.
And what was the part of Todd’s column that shouldn’t have been published? Yeah, it was the part where Todd wrote that Boston goalie Tim Thomas skipped a team visit to the White House because President Barack Obama is black.
In fact, that part’s been cut entirely.
The part where Todd calls Thomas a “cretin” with “the class of a swamp-rat” remains, however.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 22
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 58
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (58)