Jan 30, 2012, 12:15 PM EST
The Montreal Gazette would like to apologize for posting an unedited version of a Jack Todd column.
And what was the part of Todd’s column that shouldn’t have been published? Yeah, it was the part where Todd wrote that Boston goalie Tim Thomas skipped a team visit to the White House because President Barack Obama is black.
In fact, that part’s been cut entirely.
The part where Todd calls Thomas a “cretin” with “the class of a swamp-rat” remains, however.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 13
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 30
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 33
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)