Jan 30, 2012, 10:32 PM EDT
At least one Pittsburgh media member is downright incredulous about the supposed missteps of the Penguins’ medical staff in light of Sidney Crosby‘s neck injury, but Dan Bylsma told reporters that Crosby doesn’t share that beef.
“I feel, Sidney feels, he’s gotten every possible support from the Penguins and the Penguins’ medical staff in the situation he’s in, to try to find an answer to where he’s at, what his condition is, what is his best road for recovery,” Bylsma said.
The beginning of that quote (Bylsma feels, Crosby feels) is the juiciest part of the story, if you’re squeezing for juice. The $8.7 million question is if Bylsma is actually in the right position to speak for his star player.
Does Bylsma really know how Crosby feels about this situation or is he just expressing his wishful thoughts? Ultimately, Crosby ranks as the only person who can honestly answer that question and if he’s unhappy, it could be years before we find out – if that ever happens.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 5
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 3
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 3
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 8
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)