Jan 30, 2012, 10:32 PM EDT
At least one Pittsburgh media member is downright incredulous about the supposed missteps of the Penguins’ medical staff in light of Sidney Crosby‘s neck injury, but Dan Bylsma told reporters that Crosby doesn’t share that beef.
“I feel, Sidney feels, he’s gotten every possible support from the Penguins and the Penguins’ medical staff in the situation he’s in, to try to find an answer to where he’s at, what his condition is, what is his best road for recovery,” Bylsma said.
The beginning of that quote (Bylsma feels, Crosby feels) is the juiciest part of the story, if you’re squeezing for juice. The $8.7 million question is if Bylsma is actually in the right position to speak for his star player.
Does Bylsma really know how Crosby feels about this situation or is he just expressing his wishful thoughts? Ultimately, Crosby ranks as the only person who can honestly answer that question and if he’s unhappy, it could be years before we find out – if that ever happens.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 9
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 14
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 30
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 42
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 45
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)