Jan 30, 2012, 10:32 PM EDT
At least one Pittsburgh media member is downright incredulous about the supposed missteps of the Penguins’ medical staff in light of Sidney Crosby‘s neck injury, but Dan Bylsma told reporters that Crosby doesn’t share that beef.
“I feel, Sidney feels, he’s gotten every possible support from the Penguins and the Penguins’ medical staff in the situation he’s in, to try to find an answer to where he’s at, what his condition is, what is his best road for recovery,” Bylsma said.
The beginning of that quote (Bylsma feels, Crosby feels) is the juiciest part of the story, if you’re squeezing for juice. The $8.7 million question is if Bylsma is actually in the right position to speak for his star player.
Does Bylsma really know how Crosby feels about this situation or is he just expressing his wishful thoughts? Ultimately, Crosby ranks as the only person who can honestly answer that question and if he’s unhappy, it could be years before we find out – if that ever happens.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)