Jan 30, 2012, 1:56 PM EDT
In response to a published rumor that Boston’s all-star goalie could be heading out of town, Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli told TSN in an email, “Not trading him. I have not talked to anyone and I don’t plan to.”
To repeat what we wrote yesterday, Thomas won the Vezina and Conn Smythe last season, and teams don’t like to trade goalies with that on their resumes.
The 37-year-old has one year remaining on his contract ($5 million cap hit).
He also has a no-trade clause that expires on July 1, so depending how the playoffs go, perhaps we’ll be revisiting this over the summer.
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 4
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 11
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 12
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4