Jan 30, 2012, 1:56 PM EDT
In response to a published rumor that Boston’s all-star goalie could be heading out of town, Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli told TSN in an email, “Not trading him. I have not talked to anyone and I don’t plan to.”
To repeat what we wrote yesterday, Thomas won the Vezina and Conn Smythe last season, and teams don’t like to trade goalies with that on their resumes.
The 37-year-old has one year remaining on his contract ($5 million cap hit).
He also has a no-trade clause that expires on July 1, so depending how the playoffs go, perhaps we’ll be revisiting this over the summer.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)