Jan 30, 2012, 1:56 PM EDT
In response to a published rumor that Boston’s all-star goalie could be heading out of town, Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli told TSN in an email, “Not trading him. I have not talked to anyone and I don’t plan to.”
To repeat what we wrote yesterday, Thomas won the Vezina and Conn Smythe last season, and teams don’t like to trade goalies with that on their resumes.
The 37-year-old has one year remaining on his contract ($5 million cap hit).
He also has a no-trade clause that expires on July 1, so depending how the playoffs go, perhaps we’ll be revisiting this over the summer.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 5
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 8
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 41
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 49
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (49)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)