Jan 30, 2012, 1:56 PM EST
In response to a published rumor that Boston’s all-star goalie could be heading out of town, Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli told TSN in an email, “Not trading him. I have not talked to anyone and I don’t plan to.”
To repeat what we wrote yesterday, Thomas won the Vezina and Conn Smythe last season, and teams don’t like to trade goalies with that on their resumes.
The 37-year-old has one year remaining on his contract ($5 million cap hit).
He also has a no-trade clause that expires on July 1, so depending how the playoffs go, perhaps we’ll be revisiting this over the summer.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)