Jan 30, 2012, 1:56 PM EDT
In response to a published rumor that Boston’s all-star goalie could be heading out of town, Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli told TSN in an email, “Not trading him. I have not talked to anyone and I don’t plan to.”
To repeat what we wrote yesterday, Thomas won the Vezina and Conn Smythe last season, and teams don’t like to trade goalies with that on their resumes.
The 37-year-old has one year remaining on his contract ($5 million cap hit).
He also has a no-trade clause that expires on July 1, so depending how the playoffs go, perhaps we’ll be revisiting this over the summer.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 37
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 59
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1