Jan 30, 2012, 9:46 AM EST
If nothing else, Brian Burke is honest. Sometimes he’s honest to a fault but you’ll never see him tiptoe around a question.
“I’d have sent you for a urine test. We thought Joffrey could be a solid player on our team and a good addition. He has exceeded and excelled above whatever we had hoped for. He’s been terrific.”
Lupul is tied for fifth in points with Henrik Sedin and Steve Stamkos with 52, pretty lofty company for a guy who was coming off various ailments that kept him out of action in both Philadelphia and Anaheim. Now that he’s playing alongside Phil Kessel the two have blown up huge this season and are leading the Leafs towards a shot at the playoffs.
If the Leafs make the postseason we all might feel like taking a urine test as it’s been seven seasons since the Leafs last made the playoffs.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)