Jan 30, 2012, 9:46 AM EDT
If nothing else, Brian Burke is honest. Sometimes he’s honest to a fault but you’ll never see him tiptoe around a question.
“I’d have sent you for a urine test. We thought Joffrey could be a solid player on our team and a good addition. He has exceeded and excelled above whatever we had hoped for. He’s been terrific.”
Lupul is tied for fifth in points with Henrik Sedin and Steve Stamkos with 52, pretty lofty company for a guy who was coming off various ailments that kept him out of action in both Philadelphia and Anaheim. Now that he’s playing alongside Phil Kessel the two have blown up huge this season and are leading the Leafs towards a shot at the playoffs.
If the Leafs make the postseason we all might feel like taking a urine test as it’s been seven seasons since the Leafs last made the playoffs.
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 5
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 11
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 11
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 6
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)