Jan 30, 2012, 9:46 AM EDT
If nothing else, Brian Burke is honest. Sometimes he’s honest to a fault but you’ll never see him tiptoe around a question.
“I’d have sent you for a urine test. We thought Joffrey could be a solid player on our team and a good addition. He has exceeded and excelled above whatever we had hoped for. He’s been terrific.”
Lupul is tied for fifth in points with Henrik Sedin and Steve Stamkos with 52, pretty lofty company for a guy who was coming off various ailments that kept him out of action in both Philadelphia and Anaheim. Now that he’s playing alongside Phil Kessel the two have blown up huge this season and are leading the Leafs towards a shot at the playoffs.
If the Leafs make the postseason we all might feel like taking a urine test as it’s been seven seasons since the Leafs last made the playoffs.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 2
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 32
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 143
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 28
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (146)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)