Jan 30, 2012, 9:46 AM EDT
If nothing else, Brian Burke is honest. Sometimes he’s honest to a fault but you’ll never see him tiptoe around a question.
“I’d have sent you for a urine test. We thought Joffrey could be a solid player on our team and a good addition. He has exceeded and excelled above whatever we had hoped for. He’s been terrific.”
Lupul is tied for fifth in points with Henrik Sedin and Steve Stamkos with 52, pretty lofty company for a guy who was coming off various ailments that kept him out of action in both Philadelphia and Anaheim. Now that he’s playing alongside Phil Kessel the two have blown up huge this season and are leading the Leafs towards a shot at the playoffs.
If the Leafs make the postseason we all might feel like taking a urine test as it’s been seven seasons since the Leafs last made the playoffs.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 115
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (115)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)