Jan 29, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
You already know that Phil Kessel and Tyler Seguin will be on a line together with Joffrey Lupul, but how about the rest of the lineups? Since the Internet is a wonderful place, the lines, defense pairings, and what periods the goalies will be playing is already out. Here’s how things shake out for this afternoon’s NHL All-Star Game.
Hartnell tweeted about how excited he was to play on a line with the Sedins. Meanwhile, seeing Couture with Giroux and Stamkos is a youth explosion. The hometown fans will be happy to have their top line all together for this game. Having a 27-goal-scorer like Neal on the fourth line ain’t bad either.
Joffrey Lupul – Tyler Seguin – Phil Kessel
Team Chara will go with Detroit’s Jimmy Howard in the first period, Montreal’s Carey Price in the second, and Tim Thomas in the third. If Thomas gets the win in this game, it’ll be his fourth straight All-Star Game victory.
A top line with Gaborik, Datsyuk, and Hossa is mind-boggling and with Datsyuk having some previous experience with Hossa should help make that line go with Gaborik and Hossa being Slovak countrymen. Having a line with Malkin centering last year’s MVP Perry and all-world man of the hour Iginla is something special.
We’re sure no one in Philly will make a big deal about Suter being paired up with Timonen and no one will say it’s a preview of what could happen if the Flyers trade for Suter. Nope. Chara will be happy to take passes from Campbell the same way Campbell has been feeding them to Jason Garrison in Florida this year.
These are just the way the lines will start and the coaches have said that if guys want to change things up on the fly, they’ll be happy to accommodate.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 0
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 3
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 20
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 53
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control