Talk amongst yourselves: Team Chara beats Team Alfredsson 12-9

Jan 29, 2012, 6:54 PM EST

The comments section is open. Go say what you think. No big whoop.

We’ll give you some topics:

—- Did you manage to tune in and watch?

—- Marian Gaborik scoring twice on Henrik Lundqvist spiced up the first period. Finishing the game with a hat trick and All-Star Game MVP ain’t too bad either.

—- Scott Hartnell threw a hit!

—- Make it four straight All-Star wins for Tim Thomas.

—- Do you even like the All-Star Game?

Now go, talk amongst yourselves.

source:

1. eli2tyree4 - Jan 29, 2012 at 6:58 PM

fun game.

2. crazemastercraze - Jan 29, 2012 at 7:05 PM

i want to care, i really do. but i don’t sorry NHL…..

3. vismund11 - Jan 29, 2012 at 7:07 PM

All around a great game. Lots of highlight reel goals, and its awesome to see the players personalities come out in the game. Am I the only one that just likes to see players who would probably never talk to one another, bullshitting and talking on or off the bench??

4. Jeff - Jan 29, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I doña usually care about ASG weekend usually either, but this is the best I can ever remember.

5. taytay099 - Jan 29, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I enjoyed Scott Hartnell and Joffrey Lupul doing the play by play from the bench. They had a few good ones. “Datsyuk loses the draw.. that guy can’t do anything right.”

6. habsman - Jan 29, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Of all the major sports, the NHL allstar game is the least indicative of the real game. The skills competition was ok, but today’s game really sucked.

• eyecorporations - Jan 29, 2012 at 8:16 PM

You’re clearly not watching the Pro Bowl right now.

7. flyersfandave - Jan 29, 2012 at 8:54 PM

The game is a distraction from the grind of the season. A good chance for guys who typically hate each other to let that go. If you were looking for a tough game you wasted your time. Still was entertaining.

8. bcjim - Jan 29, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Not interested. Tuesday can’t get here soon enough. My kids wth enjoyed the skills thing.

9. bensawesomeness - Jan 29, 2012 at 9:22 PM

skills was fun, draft was more fun than watching 2 teams that arent yours play, and the players interaction with each other was fun to see

The Ottawa fans showing Alfie some love was really classy too

It’s not ment to be as entertaining as a real game, it’s just for fun.

10. stefano9319 - Jan 29, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Fun part about this weekend was the picking of the teams

11. zabala81 - Jan 29, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I like the skills more than the game.

12. hockeyfan1701 - Jan 29, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Could the “Musical Introduction” of the players been any worse?

13. pastabelly - Jan 29, 2012 at 10:30 PM

The game is fun. I never liked the idea of this drafting teams thing. But Chara and Alfredson got this thing right. They managed to get certain themes to their roster in terms of countries players are from and teams they play for. It helped the game.

14. blomfeld - Jan 29, 2012 at 10:30 PM

YOU’RE ALL A BUNCH OF SCMUCKS !

I’m still getting a kick out of this Jewish thing ! :) … and I feel that Comrade Yerdon should get a medal for his efforts at keeping the flames of humor burning brightly !

As for the NHL All-Star game today ? Well all I could say regarding that is … “hey man, did you guys hear that Paris Hilton farted while eating lunch this afternoon ?” What a total and complete utter joke that crap is, eh ! Unless you’re 12 years old or younger, or perhaps a partially retarded adult, then you won’t go within a country mile of that lame & gay “artificial” charade ! I’d like to see these clowns Chara and Alfredsson try hosting this garbage on their own home turf … trust me, a garage sale would garner more interest ! It doesn’t matter however, as it’s “back to business” on Tuesday … and the Sisters had better watch out, as there’s a bevy of teams this year in the west who are looking to spoil their plans for a return to the prom this year … not least of which are my beloved LA Kings ! :)

* Without using the internets, please try to answer the following questions correctly *

1) who’s tougher ? … the Sisters or Ovechkin & his harem of newly found boyfriends ?

2) who isn’t a “fit” among Gary Bettman, Bernie Madoff, Francesco Aquilin, Little Red Riding Hood ?

3) True or false … the “Off Broadway Line” consisted on Mike Murphy, Tommy Williams and Gene Carr ?

4) True or false … Roberto Luongo once worked for Michelin Tire as an “inflation” technician ?

5) True or false … Canucks’ coach Alain Vigneult has more shoes than Imelda Marcos ?

15. clarke75 - Jan 29, 2012 at 10:50 PM

The draft was interesting . I enjoyed seeing the players. The skills completion was exciting to me. While I did appreciate the skill displayed in the game it reminded me of girls college hockey. That said and done……Come on tuesday!!!!!!!!!

16. pittsburghpoonslayer - Jan 30, 2012 at 10:06 AM

you can all thank malkin for that win

Holiday wish lists for NHL teams
Top 10 NHL Player Searches