Jan 29, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
The news is hardly surprising given the Avs, according to the Post, have always maintained he’d be out “at least a month.” Duchene last played Dec. 29, exactly a month ago.
The good news for Avs fans is that Post sources say Duchene’s injury isn’t a season-ending one.
Colorado is a respectable 6-5-1 without Duchene but will need to pick up the pace if it hopes to make a surprise appearance in the playoffs. The Avs went into the All-Star break one point back of eighth-place Minnesota in the Western Conference. The Wild also has two games in hand.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)