Jan 29, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
The news is hardly surprising given the Avs, according to the Post, have always maintained he’d be out “at least a month.” Duchene last played Dec. 29, exactly a month ago.
The good news for Avs fans is that Post sources say Duchene’s injury isn’t a season-ending one.
Colorado is a respectable 6-5-1 without Duchene but will need to pick up the pace if it hopes to make a surprise appearance in the playoffs. The Avs went into the All-Star break one point back of eighth-place Minnesota in the Western Conference. The Wild also has two games in hand.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)