Jan 29, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
The news is hardly surprising given the Avs, according to the Post, have always maintained he’d be out “at least a month.” Duchene last played Dec. 29, exactly a month ago.
The good news for Avs fans is that Post sources say Duchene’s injury isn’t a season-ending one.
Colorado is a respectable 6-5-1 without Duchene but will need to pick up the pace if it hopes to make a surprise appearance in the playoffs. The Avs went into the All-Star break one point back of eighth-place Minnesota in the Western Conference. The Wild also has two games in hand.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 0
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)