Jan 29, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
The news is hardly surprising given the Avs, according to the Post, have always maintained he’d be out “at least a month.” Duchene last played Dec. 29, exactly a month ago.
The good news for Avs fans is that Post sources say Duchene’s injury isn’t a season-ending one.
Colorado is a respectable 6-5-1 without Duchene but will need to pick up the pace if it hopes to make a surprise appearance in the playoffs. The Avs went into the All-Star break one point back of eighth-place Minnesota in the Western Conference. The Wild also has two games in hand.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5