Jan 29, 2012, 7:28 PM EST
The news is hardly surprising given the Avs, according to the Post, have always maintained he’d be out “at least a month.” Duchene last played Dec. 29, exactly a month ago.
The good news for Avs fans is that Post sources say Duchene’s injury isn’t a season-ending one.
Colorado is a respectable 6-5-1 without Duchene but will need to pick up the pace if it hopes to make a surprise appearance in the playoffs. The Avs went into the All-Star break one point back of eighth-place Minnesota in the Western Conference. The Wild also has two games in hand.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 45
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 69
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 20
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 54
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 73
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (73)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)