Jan 29, 2012, 7:59 PM EST
Good ol’ dependable Jack Todd. You knew somebody had to do it, and Todd was as likely a candidate as any. Yep, the Montreal Gazette’s plucky columnist finally did today what’s only been hinted at by those in media (and it was just a joke!) after Boston goalie Tim Thomas skipped a team visit to the White House last week – he played the race card.
Look, if this cretin wants to stand outside the White House and spew his drivel, that’s free speech. But standing up the president? All that does is show that Thomas has the class of a swamp-rat.
What’s worse, you know Thomas would not have done this with the liberal Democrat Bill Clinton in the White House. Truth is, he felt free to dis Barack Obama, because Obama is black.
Now, normally we’d frown upon ostensibly calling someone a racist without providing any supporting evidence, other than the fact the guy whose policies he was protesting is black. But in fairness to Todd, people rarely disagree when it comes to politics, so we can see why he was suspicious.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 12
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 27
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 30
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)