Jan 29, 2012, 7:59 PM EST
Good ol’ dependable Jack Todd. You knew somebody had to do it, and Todd was as likely a candidate as any. Yep, the Montreal Gazette’s plucky columnist finally did today what’s only been hinted at by those in media (and it was just a joke!) after Boston goalie Tim Thomas skipped a team visit to the White House last week – he played the race card.
Look, if this cretin wants to stand outside the White House and spew his drivel, that’s free speech. But standing up the president? All that does is show that Thomas has the class of a swamp-rat.
What’s worse, you know Thomas would not have done this with the liberal Democrat Bill Clinton in the White House. Truth is, he felt free to dis Barack Obama, because Obama is black.
Now, normally we’d frown upon ostensibly calling someone a racist without providing any supporting evidence, other than the fact the guy whose policies he was protesting is black. But in fairness to Todd, people rarely disagree when it comes to politics, so we can see why he was suspicious.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 55
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12