Jan 29, 2012, 8:31 PM EST
There are your tiny fibs. There are your standard lies. There are your real whoppers. And then there’s whatever Sabres captain Jason Pominville said today in Ottawa in response to an interview question by teammate Luke Adam.
According to the Buffalo News, Adam — doing one of those fun teammate interviews that players will do from time to time — asked Pominville which All-Star he’d pick to join the 26th-place Sabres if he could choose just one.
Pominville’s response? “I don’t know if I’d pick a player. I like our team. I like everybody we have. I like the chemistry we have in our locker room, so I would keep it that way.”
Pominville is expected to miss 3-4 weeks with Pinocchio-related symptoms.
He’s also been offered the Columbus GM position.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 144
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 117
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (144)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (117)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)