Jan 28, 2012, 12:57 PM EDT
It’s a sad day in Pittsburgh as the iconic roof of the Civic Arena, better known as The Igloo, is brought down.
The City of Pittsburgh is knocking down the former home of the Penguins to make room for new endeavors and with the memories attached to the place for Pens fans and Pittsburgh citizens alike, the video from the Penguins’ website might make the room you’re watching in a little dusty.
After seeing Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, and Sidney Crosby tear through there it’s always sad to see an old barn get dismantled. Let’s just hope that they at least paid homage to the movie “Sudden Death” and had actor Powers Boothe push the button to implode the roof.
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 0
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 0
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 12
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)