Jan 28, 2012, 12:57 PM EDT
It’s a sad day in Pittsburgh as the iconic roof of the Civic Arena, better known as The Igloo, is brought down.
The City of Pittsburgh is knocking down the former home of the Penguins to make room for new endeavors and with the memories attached to the place for Pens fans and Pittsburgh citizens alike, the video from the Penguins’ website might make the room you’re watching in a little dusty.
After seeing Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, and Sidney Crosby tear through there it’s always sad to see an old barn get dismantled. Let’s just hope that they at least paid homage to the movie “Sudden Death” and had actor Powers Boothe push the button to implode the roof.
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 12
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 5
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 51
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 48
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (54)