Jan 28, 2012, 12:57 PM EST
It’s a sad day in Pittsburgh as the iconic roof of the Civic Arena, better known as The Igloo, is brought down.
The City of Pittsburgh is knocking down the former home of the Penguins to make room for new endeavors and with the memories attached to the place for Pens fans and Pittsburgh citizens alike, the video from the Penguins’ website might make the room you’re watching in a little dusty.
After seeing Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, and Sidney Crosby tear through there it’s always sad to see an old barn get dismantled. Let’s just hope that they at least paid homage to the movie “Sudden Death” and had actor Powers Boothe push the button to implode the roof.
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 11
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 28
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 78
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)