Jan 28, 2012, 12:57 PM EDT
It’s a sad day in Pittsburgh as the iconic roof of the Civic Arena, better known as The Igloo, is brought down.
The City of Pittsburgh is knocking down the former home of the Penguins to make room for new endeavors and with the memories attached to the place for Pens fans and Pittsburgh citizens alike, the video from the Penguins’ website might make the room you’re watching in a little dusty.
After seeing Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, and Sidney Crosby tear through there it’s always sad to see an old barn get dismantled. Let’s just hope that they at least paid homage to the movie “Sudden Death” and had actor Powers Boothe push the button to implode the roof.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)