Jan 28, 2012, 12:57 PM EDT
It’s a sad day in Pittsburgh as the iconic roof of the Civic Arena, better known as The Igloo, is brought down.
The City of Pittsburgh is knocking down the former home of the Penguins to make room for new endeavors and with the memories attached to the place for Pens fans and Pittsburgh citizens alike, the video from the Penguins’ website might make the room you’re watching in a little dusty.
After seeing Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, and Sidney Crosby tear through there it’s always sad to see an old barn get dismantled. Let’s just hope that they at least paid homage to the movie “Sudden Death” and had actor Powers Boothe push the button to implode the roof.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)