Jan 28, 2012, 8:30 PM EST
Dallas Stars leading scorer Jamie Benn captured the third event of the 2012 NHL All-Star skills competition — the accuracy shooting contest. Benn was one of eight players that participated head-to-head in the opening round and by posting one of the fastest times, he moved on to face (and defeat) Philadelphia rookie Matt Read in the final.
Matt Read (Team Alfredsson) def. Cody Hodgson (Team Chara)
Jamie Benn (Team Chara) def. Steve Stamkos (Team Alfredsson)
Matt Read and Jamie Benn posted the two fastest times and advanced to the final.
Team Chara’s Jamie Benn (10.204) def. Team Alfredsson’s Matt Read (16.361)
Benn was the unquestioned star of the event, registering the two fastest times (he hit all four opening-round targets in 13.583 seconds) of the competition.
Here’s video of his impressive display:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The 22-year-old Dallas sniper has 13 goals in 43 games this year after scoring 22 in each of his first two NHL seasons.
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 19
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 14
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33