Jan 28, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
Dallas Stars leading scorer Jamie Benn captured the third event of the 2012 NHL All-Star skills competition — the accuracy shooting contest. Benn was one of eight players that participated head-to-head in the opening round and by posting one of the fastest times, he moved on to face (and defeat) Philadelphia rookie Matt Read in the final.
Matt Read (Team Alfredsson) def. Cody Hodgson (Team Chara)
Jamie Benn (Team Chara) def. Steve Stamkos (Team Alfredsson)
Matt Read and Jamie Benn posted the two fastest times and advanced to the final.
Team Chara’s Jamie Benn (10.204) def. Team Alfredsson’s Matt Read (16.361)
Benn was the unquestioned star of the event, registering the two fastest times (he hit all four opening-round targets in 13.583 seconds) of the competition.
Here’s video of his impressive display:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The 22-year-old Dallas sniper has 13 goals in 43 games this year after scoring 22 in each of his first two NHL seasons.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 23
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 37
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 98
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 11
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)