Jan 28, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
Dallas Stars leading scorer Jamie Benn captured the third event of the 2012 NHL All-Star skills competition — the accuracy shooting contest. Benn was one of eight players that participated head-to-head in the opening round and by posting one of the fastest times, he moved on to face (and defeat) Philadelphia rookie Matt Read in the final.
Matt Read (Team Alfredsson) def. Cody Hodgson (Team Chara)
Jamie Benn (Team Chara) def. Steve Stamkos (Team Alfredsson)
Matt Read and Jamie Benn posted the two fastest times and advanced to the final.
Team Chara’s Jamie Benn (10.204) def. Team Alfredsson’s Matt Read (16.361)
Benn was the unquestioned star of the event, registering the two fastest times (he hit all four opening-round targets in 13.583 seconds) of the competition.
Here’s video of his impressive display:
The 22-year-old Dallas sniper has 13 goals in 43 games this year after scoring 22 in each of his first two NHL seasons.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 6
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 13
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 34
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 78
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (78)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control