Jan 28, 2012, 7:51 PM EST
The 2012 NHL All-Star Skills Competition opened with one of the most exciting events — the fastest skater competition — and it proved to be a coming out party for Rangers rookie Carl Hagelin.
The contest consisted of five races, (two players skating at one time) plus one final race featuring the fastest skater from each team. In the end, it was Hagelin defeating fellow rookie Colin Greening (Ottawa) in impressive fashion.
Carl Hagelin (Team Alfredsson) def. Colin Greening (Team Chara)
Hagelin and Greening had the two fastest individual times (Hagelin 12.963, Greening 12.993) — both advance to final.
Final RoundThis video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Hagelin won the final with a time of 13.218.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)