Jan 28, 2012, 7:51 PM EDT
The 2012 NHL All-Star Skills Competition opened with one of the most exciting events — the fastest skater competition — and it proved to be a coming out party for Rangers rookie Carl Hagelin.
The contest consisted of five races, (two players skating at one time) plus one final race featuring the fastest skater from each team. In the end, it was Hagelin defeating fellow rookie Colin Greening (Ottawa) in impressive fashion.
Carl Hagelin (Team Alfredsson) def. Colin Greening (Team Chara)
Hagelin and Greening had the two fastest individual times (Hagelin 12.963, Greening 12.993) — both advance to final.
Final RoundThis video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Hagelin won the final with a time of 13.218.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)