Jan 28, 2012, 8:10 PM EDT
Much like burritos, Patrick Kane knows breakaways.
The namesake of Qdoba’s Kaner Con Queso won the second event of the 2012 NHL All-Stars skills competition — the Breakaway Challenge. Three shooters (one Rookie and two All-Stars) and one goalie from each team took part, attempting three breakaways. The “winner” was chosen by fans voting via text message and Kane’s Clark Kent-inspired getup proved to be their favorite.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Team Chara: Carey Price
Team Alfredsson: Brian Elliott
As mentioned above, Kane won with his “Superman”-inspired costume (47 percent of votes), earning Team Chara one point.
“I was just thinking about it the past day or so,” Kane told NHL.com about his trick shot. “I thought all the shooters did a great job. It’s a tough even for us, too, because you don’t want to look stupid. I put some things together and lucky enough, I won.”
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)