Jan 28, 2012, 8:10 PM EDT
Much like burritos, Patrick Kane knows breakaways.
The namesake of Qdoba’s Kaner Con Queso won the second event of the 2012 NHL All-Stars skills competition — the Breakaway Challenge. Three shooters (one Rookie and two All-Stars) and one goalie from each team took part, attempting three breakaways. The “winner” was chosen by fans voting via text message and Kane’s Clark Kent-inspired getup proved to be their favorite.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Team Chara: Carey Price
Team Alfredsson: Brian Elliott
As mentioned above, Kane won with his “Superman”-inspired costume (47 percent of votes), earning Team Chara one point.
“I was just thinking about it the past day or so,” Kane told NHL.com about his trick shot. “I thought all the shooters did a great job. It’s a tough even for us, too, because you don’t want to look stupid. I put some things together and lucky enough, I won.”
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 20
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 5
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 9
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)