Jan 28, 2012, 8:10 PM EDT
Much like burritos, Patrick Kane knows breakaways.
The namesake of Qdoba’s Kaner Con Queso won the second event of the 2012 NHL All-Stars skills competition — the Breakaway Challenge. Three shooters (one Rookie and two All-Stars) and one goalie from each team took part, attempting three breakaways. The “winner” was chosen by fans voting via text message and Kane’s Clark Kent-inspired getup proved to be their favorite.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Team Chara: Carey Price
Team Alfredsson: Brian Elliott
As mentioned above, Kane won with his “Superman”-inspired costume (47 percent of votes), earning Team Chara one point.
“I was just thinking about it the past day or so,” Kane told NHL.com about his trick shot. “I thought all the shooters did a great job. It’s a tough even for us, too, because you don’t want to look stupid. I put some things together and lucky enough, I won.”
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)