Jan 28, 2012, 8:10 PM EDT
Much like burritos, Patrick Kane knows breakaways.
The namesake of Qdoba’s Kaner Con Queso won the second event of the 2012 NHL All-Stars skills competition — the Breakaway Challenge. Three shooters (one Rookie and two All-Stars) and one goalie from each team took part, attempting three breakaways. The “winner” was chosen by fans voting via text message and Kane’s Clark Kent-inspired getup proved to be their favorite.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Team Chara: Carey Price
Team Alfredsson: Brian Elliott
As mentioned above, Kane won with his “Superman”-inspired costume (47 percent of votes), earning Team Chara one point.
“I was just thinking about it the past day or so,” Kane told NHL.com about his trick shot. “I thought all the shooters did a great job. It’s a tough even for us, too, because you don’t want to look stupid. I put some things together and lucky enough, I won.”
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)