Jan 28, 2012, 8:10 PM EDT
Much like burritos, Patrick Kane knows breakaways.
The namesake of Qdoba’s Kaner Con Queso won the second event of the 2012 NHL All-Stars skills competition — the Breakaway Challenge. Three shooters (one Rookie and two All-Stars) and one goalie from each team took part, attempting three breakaways. The “winner” was chosen by fans voting via text message and Kane’s Clark Kent-inspired getup proved to be their favorite.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Team Chara: Carey Price
Team Alfredsson: Brian Elliott
As mentioned above, Kane won with his “Superman”-inspired costume (47 percent of votes), earning Team Chara one point.
“I was just thinking about it the past day or so,” Kane told NHL.com about his trick shot. “I thought all the shooters did a great job. It’s a tough even for us, too, because you don’t want to look stupid. I put some things together and lucky enough, I won.”
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 0
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 7
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 11
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 51
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 49
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 25
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (79)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)