Jan 28, 2012, 10:58 AM EDT
When the Blackhawks acquired Brendan Morrison from Calgary for a minor league forward, many in Chicago were worried that this was a bad sign for the health of Jonathan Toews. If you’re a Blackhawks fan and found yourself out on a ledge over the possibility of Toews being out for an extended amount of time, please step back inside.
Chicago GM Stan Bowman reiterated that Toews’ injury isn’t serious and tells CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers that Toews is targeting being back in the lineup as soon as Tuesday night against Vancouver.
Toews has missed just one game with injury and it was a 3-1 loss to Nashville that moved the Blackhawks back to fourth place in the Central Division behind the Predators (thanks to tiebreakers). Having that sort of result is enough to make anyone nervous in Chicago, but with Toews back after the All-Star break and Morrison now in the fold to give them a more capable second line center, things in Chicago should turn out to be just fine.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 55
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 21
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 23
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming