Jan 28, 2012, 10:58 AM EDT
When the Blackhawks acquired Brendan Morrison from Calgary for a minor league forward, many in Chicago were worried that this was a bad sign for the health of Jonathan Toews. If you’re a Blackhawks fan and found yourself out on a ledge over the possibility of Toews being out for an extended amount of time, please step back inside.
Chicago GM Stan Bowman reiterated that Toews’ injury isn’t serious and tells CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers that Toews is targeting being back in the lineup as soon as Tuesday night against Vancouver.
Toews has missed just one game with injury and it was a 3-1 loss to Nashville that moved the Blackhawks back to fourth place in the Central Division behind the Predators (thanks to tiebreakers). Having that sort of result is enough to make anyone nervous in Chicago, but with Toews back after the All-Star break and Morrison now in the fold to give them a more capable second line center, things in Chicago should turn out to be just fine.
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 13
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 3
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 96
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (96)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)