Jan 28, 2012, 10:58 AM EST
When the Blackhawks acquired Brendan Morrison from Calgary for a minor league forward, many in Chicago were worried that this was a bad sign for the health of Jonathan Toews. If you’re a Blackhawks fan and found yourself out on a ledge over the possibility of Toews being out for an extended amount of time, please step back inside.
Chicago GM Stan Bowman reiterated that Toews’ injury isn’t serious and tells CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers that Toews is targeting being back in the lineup as soon as Tuesday night against Vancouver.
Toews has missed just one game with injury and it was a 3-1 loss to Nashville that moved the Blackhawks back to fourth place in the Central Division behind the Predators (thanks to tiebreakers). Having that sort of result is enough to make anyone nervous in Chicago, but with Toews back after the All-Star break and Morrison now in the fold to give them a more capable second line center, things in Chicago should turn out to be just fine.
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 21
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 16
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 65
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 16
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 34
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (67)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)