Jan 28, 2012, 10:58 AM EST
When the Blackhawks acquired Brendan Morrison from Calgary for a minor league forward, many in Chicago were worried that this was a bad sign for the health of Jonathan Toews. If you’re a Blackhawks fan and found yourself out on a ledge over the possibility of Toews being out for an extended amount of time, please step back inside.
Chicago GM Stan Bowman reiterated that Toews’ injury isn’t serious and tells CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers that Toews is targeting being back in the lineup as soon as Tuesday night against Vancouver.
Toews has missed just one game with injury and it was a 3-1 loss to Nashville that moved the Blackhawks back to fourth place in the Central Division behind the Predators (thanks to tiebreakers). Having that sort of result is enough to make anyone nervous in Chicago, but with Toews back after the All-Star break and Morrison now in the fold to give them a more capable second line center, things in Chicago should turn out to be just fine.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 15
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 42
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)