Jan 28, 2012, 10:58 AM EDT
When the Blackhawks acquired Brendan Morrison from Calgary for a minor league forward, many in Chicago were worried that this was a bad sign for the health of Jonathan Toews. If you’re a Blackhawks fan and found yourself out on a ledge over the possibility of Toews being out for an extended amount of time, please step back inside.
Chicago GM Stan Bowman reiterated that Toews’ injury isn’t serious and tells CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers that Toews is targeting being back in the lineup as soon as Tuesday night against Vancouver.
Toews has missed just one game with injury and it was a 3-1 loss to Nashville that moved the Blackhawks back to fourth place in the Central Division behind the Predators (thanks to tiebreakers). Having that sort of result is enough to make anyone nervous in Chicago, but with Toews back after the All-Star break and Morrison now in the fold to give them a more capable second line center, things in Chicago should turn out to be just fine.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)