Jan 28, 2012, 3:49 PM EDT
Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs was asked about what his thoughts were on Thomas’ snub of President Barack Obama and Jacobs erred on the side of the Bill Of Rights rather than get grumpy with his team’s goalie.
Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com gets the word on how Jacobs doesn’t fall in line with Thomas’ politics but is happy he’s allowed to speak his mind.
“Tim is a great hockey player. He’s done his job very well for us and I’m totally behind him as a great hockey player,” said Jacobs. “I don’t necessarily agree with his political view, but that isn’t what he does for me. I’ve got to say this: while I don’t agree with it he certainly has the right to express himself as every American does. He does a good job.”
If you’ve been hearing things about how Thomas’ take on things would lead to him getting shipped out of town, Jacobs’ words don’t sound like those of a guy eager to rid his team of a distraction. Considering that Thomas is still one of the best goalies in the league and looking to bring the Bruins another Stanley Cup, running him out of town on a rail because you don’t like his politics seems a bit rash.
As it goes for any job in life, if the boss has your back you’re in good shape.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)