Jan 28, 2012, 12:07 PM EDT
After the report came out last night that Columbus would be hosting the 2013 All-Star Game, NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman made it official today.
The Blue Jackets will play host to the stars next season at Nationwide Arena on January 26 and 27, 2013 bringing Columbus their first All-Star Game and the biggest NHL event in the city since the 2007 NHL Draft.
“We’re looking forward to bringing our All-Star celebration to Columbus,” NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said. “The Blue Jackets did a great job of hosting the NHL Draft in 2007, and I have no doubt they will raise the bar even higher when they welcome our All-Star celebration next January.”
After seeing fans in Ottawa stuff the ballot box for the Senators this year, the possibility of seeing guys like Rick Nash, Ryan Johansen and others winding up playing in front of the home fans in Columbus will be curious to see. This is the point in the story where you insert your own snarky quip about this being the first time Columbus gets to see stars on home ice at all.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 0
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22