Jan 28, 2012, 12:07 PM EDT
After the report came out last night that Columbus would be hosting the 2013 All-Star Game, NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman made it official today.
The Blue Jackets will play host to the stars next season at Nationwide Arena on January 26 and 27, 2013 bringing Columbus their first All-Star Game and the biggest NHL event in the city since the 2007 NHL Draft.
“We’re looking forward to bringing our All-Star celebration to Columbus,” NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said. “The Blue Jackets did a great job of hosting the NHL Draft in 2007, and I have no doubt they will raise the bar even higher when they welcome our All-Star celebration next January.”
After seeing fans in Ottawa stuff the ballot box for the Senators this year, the possibility of seeing guys like Rick Nash, Ryan Johansen and others winding up playing in front of the home fans in Columbus will be curious to see. This is the point in the story where you insert your own snarky quip about this being the first time Columbus gets to see stars on home ice at all.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 24
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 46
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 51
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 29
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10