Jan 28, 2012, 12:07 PM EDT
After the report came out last night that Columbus would be hosting the 2013 All-Star Game, NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman made it official today.
The Blue Jackets will play host to the stars next season at Nationwide Arena on January 26 and 27, 2013 bringing Columbus their first All-Star Game and the biggest NHL event in the city since the 2007 NHL Draft.
“We’re looking forward to bringing our All-Star celebration to Columbus,” NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said. “The Blue Jackets did a great job of hosting the NHL Draft in 2007, and I have no doubt they will raise the bar even higher when they welcome our All-Star celebration next January.”
After seeing fans in Ottawa stuff the ballot box for the Senators this year, the possibility of seeing guys like Rick Nash, Ryan Johansen and others winding up playing in front of the home fans in Columbus will be curious to see. This is the point in the story where you insert your own snarky quip about this being the first time Columbus gets to see stars on home ice at all.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)