Jan 28, 2012, 12:07 PM EDT
After the report came out last night that Columbus would be hosting the 2013 All-Star Game, NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman made it official today.
The Blue Jackets will play host to the stars next season at Nationwide Arena on January 26 and 27, 2013 bringing Columbus their first All-Star Game and the biggest NHL event in the city since the 2007 NHL Draft.
“We’re looking forward to bringing our All-Star celebration to Columbus,” NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said. “The Blue Jackets did a great job of hosting the NHL Draft in 2007, and I have no doubt they will raise the bar even higher when they welcome our All-Star celebration next January.”
After seeing fans in Ottawa stuff the ballot box for the Senators this year, the possibility of seeing guys like Rick Nash, Ryan Johansen and others winding up playing in front of the home fans in Columbus will be curious to see. This is the point in the story where you insert your own snarky quip about this being the first time Columbus gets to see stars on home ice at all.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)