Jan 28, 2012, 2:54 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby‘s trip to California to be checked out by a neurological spine doctor is over with and he’s back in Pittsburgh where he’ll continue skating in hopes of getting back to game action. There, Crosby will meet with the Penguins’ concussion specialist to see just how he’s doing.
Penguins GM Ray Shero provided the update on Crosby and where he’s at and, as always, hope springs eternal for the Pens.
“Hopefully we’ll see next week where he is. We’ll get the reports from California and compare those to what has been done so far. With Sidney, we want to continue to look to see how we can get this under control and manageable and get him to play. Like I said before, he’s not going to (play) until the symptoms subside. Hopefully, we’ll have him back at some point soon.”
Crosby was doing his part skating while in California and should those reports turn out well for Sid The Kid, the optimism of seeing Crosby return before the end of the regular season will grow.
The Penguins have managed well without him thanks to the play of Evgeni Malkin who is putting in an MVP-like season. If Crosby does return in time for the playoffs, dealing with the Penguins with both Malkin and Crosby could turn into a nightmare for the Eastern Conference.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)