Jan 28, 2012, 2:54 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby‘s trip to California to be checked out by a neurological spine doctor is over with and he’s back in Pittsburgh where he’ll continue skating in hopes of getting back to game action. There, Crosby will meet with the Penguins’ concussion specialist to see just how he’s doing.
Penguins GM Ray Shero provided the update on Crosby and where he’s at and, as always, hope springs eternal for the Pens.
“Hopefully we’ll see next week where he is. We’ll get the reports from California and compare those to what has been done so far. With Sidney, we want to continue to look to see how we can get this under control and manageable and get him to play. Like I said before, he’s not going to (play) until the symptoms subside. Hopefully, we’ll have him back at some point soon.”
Crosby was doing his part skating while in California and should those reports turn out well for Sid The Kid, the optimism of seeing Crosby return before the end of the regular season will grow.
The Penguins have managed well without him thanks to the play of Evgeni Malkin who is putting in an MVP-like season. If Crosby does return in time for the playoffs, dealing with the Penguins with both Malkin and Crosby could turn into a nightmare for the Eastern Conference.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (76)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)