Jan 27, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
Boston Bruins goalie Tim Thomas addressed his White House snub at last night’s All-Star Fantasy Draft and while it might not have been the explanatory statement folks were looking for, it was a definitive one.
Shortly after being taken by Bruins teammate Zdeno Chara with the second pick (third overall), Thomas addressed the incident before turning the focus back on hockey.
“They have given their full and unwavering support, and I really appreciate that,” Thomas said of his Bruins teammates (courtesy CSNNE.com). “I did address [the White House snub]. Everything I said in my statement is what I believe to be absolute truth. I don’t believe I need to revisit something that I stated so clearly.
“This weekend is a celebration of hockey. This game of hockey is a great and it’s obviously given so much to me. I played all kinds of sports growing up, but this is the one that I love. To be part of an All-Star weekend and celebrate so many aspects of it is awesome.”
At first glance, it’s fair to assume 1) publicly, the Bruins have Thomas’ back, and 2) Thomas is done answering questions about the incident.
But is everybody done asking questions?
That remains to be seen. Even after Thomas’ definitive statement, reporters still posed questions with a political slant — one asked for Thomas’ reaction to a report Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick said his actions disrespectful of President Obama. Thomas went the ‘no comment’ route and, as CSNNE’s Joe Haggerty writes, “there may be many more of those in the goalie’s future.”
There are still two full days before the actual All-Star Game and plenty of media interactions on the horizon. It’ll be interesting to see how it all plays out.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6