Jan 27, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
Boston Bruins goalie Tim Thomas addressed his White House snub at last night’s All-Star Fantasy Draft and while it might not have been the explanatory statement folks were looking for, it was a definitive one.
Shortly after being taken by Bruins teammate Zdeno Chara with the second pick (third overall), Thomas addressed the incident before turning the focus back on hockey.
“They have given their full and unwavering support, and I really appreciate that,” Thomas said of his Bruins teammates (courtesy CSNNE.com). “I did address [the White House snub]. Everything I said in my statement is what I believe to be absolute truth. I don’t believe I need to revisit something that I stated so clearly.
“This weekend is a celebration of hockey. This game of hockey is a great and it’s obviously given so much to me. I played all kinds of sports growing up, but this is the one that I love. To be part of an All-Star weekend and celebrate so many aspects of it is awesome.”
At first glance, it’s fair to assume 1) publicly, the Bruins have Thomas’ back, and 2) Thomas is done answering questions about the incident.
But is everybody done asking questions?
That remains to be seen. Even after Thomas’ definitive statement, reporters still posed questions with a political slant — one asked for Thomas’ reaction to a report Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick said his actions disrespectful of President Obama. Thomas went the ‘no comment’ route and, as CSNNE’s Joe Haggerty writes, “there may be many more of those in the goalie’s future.”
There are still two full days before the actual All-Star Game and plenty of media interactions on the horizon. It’ll be interesting to see how it all plays out.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)