Jan 27, 2012, 10:41 PM EST
Sidney Crosby‘s absence from the 2012 NHL All-Star Game might seem deafening to some, but he’s not giving up on the 2011-12 campaign altogether.
ESPN’s Craig Custance reports that Crosby’s been skating “pretty much” all week as he hopes to make a second comeback this season. Custance reports that he did some skating in both Atlanta and Los Angeles as he does a Carmen Sandiego tour of specialists.
Of course, there’s the inevitable caveat: he still doesn’t have a timetable for a return.
No other details were revealed as far as his progress, so we’ll just have to settle for that little nugget for now.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 15
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 42
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)