Jan 27, 2012, 12:53 PM EST
So, Logan…anybody chirping you about being Mr. Irrelevant?
“Jumbo is all over me,” he said. “He loves it.”
That’s “Jumbo” Joe Thornton, in case you were wondering. The San Jose captain and six-time All-Star send Couture a text shortly after the 22-year-old got a sympathy Honda on national television.
That said, Couture didn’t seem to mind going last overall.
“I had fun with it,” he said. “You can’t take it personally. Being a young guy here for the first time, playing on the west coast, it was something I knew was a possibility. I just wanted to have a good time with it, and I did.”
Just to confirm how good a time Couture had with it, check out what he tweeted last night:
And he had some more fun with it this morning…
As for Couture’s family? They didn’t seem to mind either, according to David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News:
The entire Couture family handled it well, not just Logan. I’ve gotten to know his parents a little over the past year and sent a quick text out to his dad, Chet.
“We loved it!” he said, probably referring as much to the way his son dealt with the situation as anything else. And he said Logan’s younger brother, Judson, would probably end up with the new Honda Crosstour, in case you were curious.
The only question now is how the Coutures came up with the name “Judson.”
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 22
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)