Jan 27, 2012, 12:53 PM EDT
So, Logan…anybody chirping you about being Mr. Irrelevant?
“Jumbo is all over me,” he said. “He loves it.”
That’s “Jumbo” Joe Thornton, in case you were wondering. The San Jose captain and six-time All-Star send Couture a text shortly after the 22-year-old got a sympathy Honda on national television.
That said, Couture didn’t seem to mind going last overall.
“I had fun with it,” he said. “You can’t take it personally. Being a young guy here for the first time, playing on the west coast, it was something I knew was a possibility. I just wanted to have a good time with it, and I did.”
Just to confirm how good a time Couture had with it, check out what he tweeted last night:
And he had some more fun with it this morning…
As for Couture’s family? They didn’t seem to mind either, according to David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News:
The entire Couture family handled it well, not just Logan. I’ve gotten to know his parents a little over the past year and sent a quick text out to his dad, Chet.
“We loved it!” he said, probably referring as much to the way his son dealt with the situation as anything else. And he said Logan’s younger brother, Judson, would probably end up with the new Honda Crosstour, in case you were curious.
The only question now is how the Coutures came up with the name “Judson.”
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5