Jan 27, 2012, 12:53 PM EDT
So, Logan…anybody chirping you about being Mr. Irrelevant?
“Jumbo is all over me,” he said. “He loves it.”
That’s “Jumbo” Joe Thornton, in case you were wondering. The San Jose captain and six-time All-Star send Couture a text shortly after the 22-year-old got a sympathy Honda on national television.
That said, Couture didn’t seem to mind going last overall.
“I had fun with it,” he said. “You can’t take it personally. Being a young guy here for the first time, playing on the west coast, it was something I knew was a possibility. I just wanted to have a good time with it, and I did.”
Just to confirm how good a time Couture had with it, check out what he tweeted last night:
And he had some more fun with it this morning…
As for Couture’s family? They didn’t seem to mind either, according to David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News:
The entire Couture family handled it well, not just Logan. I’ve gotten to know his parents a little over the past year and sent a quick text out to his dad, Chet.
“We loved it!” he said, probably referring as much to the way his son dealt with the situation as anything else. And he said Logan’s younger brother, Judson, would probably end up with the new Honda Crosstour, in case you were curious.
The only question now is how the Coutures came up with the name “Judson.”
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 8
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 8
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 25
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 40
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (41)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)