Jan 27, 2012, 12:53 PM EST
So, Logan…anybody chirping you about being Mr. Irrelevant?
“Jumbo is all over me,” he said. “He loves it.”
That’s “Jumbo” Joe Thornton, in case you were wondering. The San Jose captain and six-time All-Star send Couture a text shortly after the 22-year-old got a sympathy Honda on national television.
That said, Couture didn’t seem to mind going last overall.
“I had fun with it,” he said. “You can’t take it personally. Being a young guy here for the first time, playing on the west coast, it was something I knew was a possibility. I just wanted to have a good time with it, and I did.”
Just to confirm how good a time Couture had with it, check out what he tweeted last night:
And he had some more fun with it this morning…
As for Couture’s family? They didn’t seem to mind either, according to David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News:
The entire Couture family handled it well, not just Logan. I’ve gotten to know his parents a little over the past year and sent a quick text out to his dad, Chet.
“We loved it!” he said, probably referring as much to the way his son dealt with the situation as anything else. And he said Logan’s younger brother, Judson, would probably end up with the new Honda Crosstour, in case you were curious.
The only question now is how the Coutures came up with the name “Judson.”
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 16
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 59
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5