Jan 27, 2012, 12:24 PM EST
In today’s mailbag column, TSN insider Darren Dreger referenced Montreal forward Travis Moen in four of his five responses to readers’ questions about potential trades. The only question that didn’t garner a Moen mention was about Tim Thomas not visiting the White House, though Moen didn’t go to the White House either, so that was an oversight by Dreger.
Here are the four Moen references:
…Vancouver could use some added toughness…someone like Travis Moen…
I’ve heard some rumblings, like the Canucks, Detroit will, or has shown some interest in Moen.
Vancouver, as mentioned earlier is hoping to add some grit up front which is why Moen seems to be a reasonable fit.
Moen is set to become an unrestricted free agent this summer. He has nine goals and seven assists in 46 games for the Habs. He also won a Stanley Cup with the Ducks in 2007.
We hear the Canucks are interested.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 28
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 37
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)