Jan 27, 2012, 12:24 PM EDT
In today’s mailbag column, TSN insider Darren Dreger referenced Montreal forward Travis Moen in four of his five responses to readers’ questions about potential trades. The only question that didn’t garner a Moen mention was about Tim Thomas not visiting the White House, though Moen didn’t go to the White House either, so that was an oversight by Dreger.
Here are the four Moen references:
…Vancouver could use some added toughness…someone like Travis Moen…
I’ve heard some rumblings, like the Canucks, Detroit will, or has shown some interest in Moen.
Vancouver, as mentioned earlier is hoping to add some grit up front which is why Moen seems to be a reasonable fit.
Moen is set to become an unrestricted free agent this summer. He has nine goals and seven assists in 46 games for the Habs. He also won a Stanley Cup with the Ducks in 2007.
We hear the Canucks are interested.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53