Jan 27, 2012, 12:24 PM EDT
In today’s mailbag column, TSN insider Darren Dreger referenced Montreal forward Travis Moen in four of his five responses to readers’ questions about potential trades. The only question that didn’t garner a Moen mention was about Tim Thomas not visiting the White House, though Moen didn’t go to the White House either, so that was an oversight by Dreger.
Here are the four Moen references:
…Vancouver could use some added toughness…someone like Travis Moen…
I’ve heard some rumblings, like the Canucks, Detroit will, or has shown some interest in Moen.
Vancouver, as mentioned earlier is hoping to add some grit up front which is why Moen seems to be a reasonable fit.
Moen is set to become an unrestricted free agent this summer. He has nine goals and seven assists in 46 games for the Habs. He also won a Stanley Cup with the Ducks in 2007.
We hear the Canucks are interested.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 0
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 19
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20