Jan 27, 2012, 12:24 PM EST
In today’s mailbag column, TSN insider Darren Dreger referenced Montreal forward Travis Moen in four of his five responses to readers’ questions about potential trades. The only question that didn’t garner a Moen mention was about Tim Thomas not visiting the White House, though Moen didn’t go to the White House either, so that was an oversight by Dreger.
Here are the four Moen references:
…Vancouver could use some added toughness…someone like Travis Moen…
I’ve heard some rumblings, like the Canucks, Detroit will, or has shown some interest in Moen.
Vancouver, as mentioned earlier is hoping to add some grit up front which is why Moen seems to be a reasonable fit.
Moen is set to become an unrestricted free agent this summer. He has nine goals and seven assists in 46 games for the Habs. He also won a Stanley Cup with the Ducks in 2007.
We hear the Canucks are interested.
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 4
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 24
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7