Jan 27, 2012, 10:41 AM EST
Regarding Priest, he said: “I don’t know how he gets roped into the on-ice performance by some people because he doesn’t have anything to do with it.”
As for Howson: “As of right now, I know of no reason why he won’t be our (GM next season).”
That sound you’re hearing is every Jackets fans bashing their heads against the wall.
What McConnell did say is that changes are coming, though he wouldn’t get into specific details.
“We’re going to get to a point very quickly where it’s going to be obvious to people how extreme we’re getting,” he told the Dispatch.
So if the president isn’t getting fired and the GM isn’t getting fired, reading between the lines you can assume some big player moves are coming. Not sure what other “extreme” measures McConnell could be referring to, unless the whole team is going skateboarding.
“You can’t look at one thing,” McConnell said when asked what went wrong this season. “Goaltending is certainly No. 1 on the list.”
Of course, it was Howson who decided to roll the dice with Steve Mason when anyone who followed the Jackets knew that was a huge risk.
As we mentioned Wednesday on PHT, a number of the team’s fans are planning a protest Saturday outside Nationwide Arena to let the club know how they’re feeling.
What does the owner think of that?
“Certainly, we’re aware of it,” McConnell said. “We’ll see what comes of it Saturday. We’re certainly prepared to get out some hot liquids for them.”
Hmmm…like coffee or tea? Or like during medieval times when they poured boiling oil on armies that were attacking castles?
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 6
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 6
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 2
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 10
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 8
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 10
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)