Jan 27, 2012, 8:39 PM EDT
If you were to compile a list of the most unlikely 2012 All-Stars, Brian Elliott would likely be No. 1.
Merely making the trip must be surreal enough for a goalie who barely got a chance to stay in the NHL this season, but the destination really brings it full circle. Just last season, Elliott was a scapegoat for the Ottawa Senators before they traded him to Colorado for their current franchise guy Craig Anderson, now he’s among just six NHL goalies invited to the event.
“I was pretty surprised,” Elliott said. “It’s nice to realize everyone’s pulling for you and nobody’s really booing you unless you’re a Maple Leaf. It’s a great hockey city and they appreciate everybody.”
Something tells me that Elliott appreciates the experience that much more.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 28
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 111
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 79
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (111)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (79)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)