Jan 27, 2012, 8:39 PM EDT
If you were to compile a list of the most unlikely 2012 All-Stars, Brian Elliott would likely be No. 1.
Merely making the trip must be surreal enough for a goalie who barely got a chance to stay in the NHL this season, but the destination really brings it full circle. Just last season, Elliott was a scapegoat for the Ottawa Senators before they traded him to Colorado for their current franchise guy Craig Anderson, now he’s among just six NHL goalies invited to the event.
“I was pretty surprised,” Elliott said. “It’s nice to realize everyone’s pulling for you and nobody’s really booing you unless you’re a Maple Leaf. It’s a great hockey city and they appreciate everybody.”
Something tells me that Elliott appreciates the experience that much more.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 41
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)