Jan 27, 2012, 12:50 AM EDT
There’s a solid chance you already voted for Team Alfredsson or Team Chara in these polls.
Still, if you’re mulling it over or just want to soak in waves and waves of information, then this post should be your tonic. Starting things off, NHL.com has this splendid “Tale of the Tape” for both teams. Check out the screen shot below.
A few takeaways from that:
- Despite Chara’s presence, both teams average the same height and about the same weight.
- Alf is the older captain but Chara’s team is almost two years their senior on average.
- Team Chara boasts a roster of players who’ve been selected to the All-Star Game far more often.
Moving on, if you’re wondering how much each team would cost if they actually played a full season, the wonderful number crunchers at Cap Geek have those answers.
Team Alfredsson (via Cap Geek): $90.4 million overall cap hits; $86.8 million in salary this season.
Team Chara (via Cap Geek): $106.3 million overall cap hits; $107.5 million in salary this season.
So Team Chara is older, slightly bigger, far more expensive and more decorated. Does that make them better? Vote in the polls in this post to share your thoughts – and let us know in the comments if this post changed your mind at all.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5