Jan 27, 2012, 12:50 AM EDT
There’s a solid chance you already voted for Team Alfredsson or Team Chara in these polls.
Still, if you’re mulling it over or just want to soak in waves and waves of information, then this post should be your tonic. Starting things off, NHL.com has this splendid “Tale of the Tape” for both teams. Check out the screen shot below.
A few takeaways from that:
- Despite Chara’s presence, both teams average the same height and about the same weight.
- Alf is the older captain but Chara’s team is almost two years their senior on average.
- Team Chara boasts a roster of players who’ve been selected to the All-Star Game far more often.
Moving on, if you’re wondering how much each team would cost if they actually played a full season, the wonderful number crunchers at Cap Geek have those answers.
Team Alfredsson (via Cap Geek): $90.4 million overall cap hits; $86.8 million in salary this season.
Team Chara (via Cap Geek): $106.3 million overall cap hits; $107.5 million in salary this season.
So Team Chara is older, slightly bigger, far more expensive and more decorated. Does that make them better? Vote in the polls in this post to share your thoughts – and let us know in the comments if this post changed your mind at all.
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 6
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 16
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 9
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 51
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 21
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- HBT: Angels' Trout hits for cycle against Mariners