Jan 27, 2012, 12:50 AM EST
There’s a solid chance you already voted for Team Alfredsson or Team Chara in these polls.
Still, if you’re mulling it over or just want to soak in waves and waves of information, then this post should be your tonic. Starting things off, NHL.com has this splendid “Tale of the Tape” for both teams. Check out the screen shot below.
A few takeaways from that:
- Despite Chara’s presence, both teams average the same height and about the same weight.
- Alf is the older captain but Chara’s team is almost two years their senior on average.
- Team Chara boasts a roster of players who’ve been selected to the All-Star Game far more often.
Moving on, if you’re wondering how much each team would cost if they actually played a full season, the wonderful number crunchers at Cap Geek have those answers.
Team Alfredsson (via Cap Geek): $90.4 million overall cap hits; $86.8 million in salary this season.
Team Chara (via Cap Geek): $106.3 million overall cap hits; $107.5 million in salary this season.
So Team Chara is older, slightly bigger, far more expensive and more decorated. Does that make them better? Vote in the polls in this post to share your thoughts – and let us know in the comments if this post changed your mind at all.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)