Jan 27, 2012, 12:50 AM EDT
There’s a solid chance you already voted for Team Alfredsson or Team Chara in these polls.
Still, if you’re mulling it over or just want to soak in waves and waves of information, then this post should be your tonic. Starting things off, NHL.com has this splendid “Tale of the Tape” for both teams. Check out the screen shot below.
A few takeaways from that:
- Despite Chara’s presence, both teams average the same height and about the same weight.
- Alf is the older captain but Chara’s team is almost two years their senior on average.
- Team Chara boasts a roster of players who’ve been selected to the All-Star Game far more often.
Moving on, if you’re wondering how much each team would cost if they actually played a full season, the wonderful number crunchers at Cap Geek have those answers.
Team Alfredsson (via Cap Geek): $90.4 million overall cap hits; $86.8 million in salary this season.
Team Chara (via Cap Geek): $106.3 million overall cap hits; $107.5 million in salary this season.
So Team Chara is older, slightly bigger, far more expensive and more decorated. Does that make them better? Vote in the polls in this post to share your thoughts – and let us know in the comments if this post changed your mind at all.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 11
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 9
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 9
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 94
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)