Jan 27, 2012, 4:24 PM EDT
All-Star Game captains Daniel Alfredsson and Zdeno Chara have selected their participants for the 2012 Molson Canadian NHL All-Star Skills competition (Saturday, 7 p.m. ET, NBCSN).
There are six events — fastest skater, breakaway challenge, accuracy shooting, challenge relay, hardest shot and elimination shootout — in which both All-Stars and rookies will compete.
Bridgestone Fastest Skater
Allstate Insurance Breakaway Challenge
Canadian Tire Accuracy Shooting
G Series Skills Challenge Relay
Team Chara: Ryan Suter, Dennis Wideman, Jarome Iginla, Joffrey Lupul, Patrick Kane, Pavel Datsyuk, Gabriel Landeskog, Marian Gaborik, Jordan Eberle, Dion Phaneuf, Zdeno Chara, Jamie Benn, Kimmo Timonen, Raphael Diaz, Evegni Malkin, Phil Kessel
Team Alfredsson: Nick Johnson, Shea Weber, Kris Letang, Steve Stamkos, Henrik Sedin, Milan Michalek, Logan Couture, James Neal, Alex Edler, Keith Yandle, Scott Hartnell, John Tavares, Daniel Sedin, Craig Smith, Claude Giroux, Jason Pominville
Blackberry Hardest Shot
Team Chara: Luke Adam, Dennis Wideman, Dion Phaneuf, Zdeno Chara
Team Alfredsson: Justin Faulk, Daniel Alfredsson, Jason Spezza, Shea Weber
Tim Hortons Elimination Shootout
Team Chara: Colin Greening, Pavel Datsyuk, Evgeni Malkin, Corey Perry, Tyler Seguin, Marian Gaborik, Patrick Kane, Jarome Iginla, Jamie Benn, Joffrey Lupul, Kimmo Timonen, Ryan Suter, Carey Price, Tim Thomas, Jimmy Howard
Team Alfredsson: Carl Hagelin, Steve Stamkos, John Tavares, Jason Spezza, Claude Giroux, Daniel Alfredsson, James Neal, Milan Michalek, Jason Pominville, Kris Letang, Erik Karlsson, Daniel Sedin, Henrik Lundqvist, Brian Elliott, Jonathan Quick
– Chara set the hardest shot record last year with a 105.9 mph blast.
– Daniel Sedin won the accuracy shootout last year, hitting all four targets in 7.3 seconds (took him five shots).
– The fastest skater record is still held by Mike Gartner, with a time of 13.386 seconds in 1996.
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 0
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 1
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 19
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 12
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 22
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 32
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 64
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 45
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles