Jan 26, 2012, 6:16 PM EDT
The playoff push is back! The playoff push is back!
If you don’t know what the playoff push is, it’s courtesy Leafs beat writer James Mirtle at the Globe and Mail, and what it does is list all the teams in the NHL along with the records they’ll likely need down the stretch to qualify for the postseason.
Obviously this isn’t an exact science, but it’s still fun anyways.
For example, Mirtle predicts the Leafs will need to go 19-14-0 to make the playoffs (for the first since the lockout).
The Rangers, meanwhile, could go 13-21-1 in their last 35 games and still qualify, which would make John Tortorella so happy.
The least likely to make the playoffs? Your Columbus Blue Jackets, who would have to go 30-3-0 to sneak in.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 6
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)