Jan 26, 2012, 6:16 PM EDT
The playoff push is back! The playoff push is back!
If you don’t know what the playoff push is, it’s courtesy Leafs beat writer James Mirtle at the Globe and Mail, and what it does is list all the teams in the NHL along with the records they’ll likely need down the stretch to qualify for the postseason.
Obviously this isn’t an exact science, but it’s still fun anyways.
For example, Mirtle predicts the Leafs will need to go 19-14-0 to make the playoffs (for the first since the lockout).
The Rangers, meanwhile, could go 13-21-1 in their last 35 games and still qualify, which would make John Tortorella so happy.
The least likely to make the playoffs? Your Columbus Blue Jackets, who would have to go 30-3-0 to sneak in.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)