Jan 26, 2012, 4:20 PM EST
Ha! You clicked on it. See? You do want to read another story about what people are saying about Tim Thomas skipping a visit to the White House.
Over to you, Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick.
“[Thomas is] a phenomenal hockey player and he’s entitled to his views,” Patrick said on a radio show. “It just feels like we are losing in this country basic courtesy and grace.”
Patrick, a Democrat, went on to say that while he disagreed with many of former President George W Bush’s policies, he was still respectful when they met.
“I always referred to him as Mr. President, I stood when he came into the room. There are rules to live by.”
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 2
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 14
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 30
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 5
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 69
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 64
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 32
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)