Jan 26, 2012, 4:20 PM EDT
Ha! You clicked on it. See? You do want to read another story about what people are saying about Tim Thomas skipping a visit to the White House.
Over to you, Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick.
“[Thomas is] a phenomenal hockey player and he’s entitled to his views,” Patrick said on a radio show. “It just feels like we are losing in this country basic courtesy and grace.”
Patrick, a Democrat, went on to say that while he disagreed with many of former President George W Bush’s policies, he was still respectful when they met.
“I always referred to him as Mr. President, I stood when he came into the room. There are rules to live by.”
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 53
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (54)