Jan 26, 2012, 4:20 PM EDT
Ha! You clicked on it. See? You do want to read another story about what people are saying about Tim Thomas skipping a visit to the White House.
Over to you, Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick.
“[Thomas is] a phenomenal hockey player and he’s entitled to his views,” Patrick said on a radio show. “It just feels like we are losing in this country basic courtesy and grace.”
Patrick, a Democrat, went on to say that while he disagreed with many of former President George W Bush’s policies, he was still respectful when they met.
“I always referred to him as Mr. President, I stood when he came into the room. There are rules to live by.”
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)