Jan 26, 2012, 3:48 PM EDT
Earlier this week, Boston goalie Tim Thomas sparked controversy by skipping the Bruins’ White House visit and posting a Facebook rant about his disillusionment with the American government. The reigning playoff MVP has yet to speak publicly about his actions and, with the 2012 NHL All-Star festivities now upon us, CSNNE’s Joe Haggerty thinks the silence should be broken:
The next four days in Ottawa will be interesting. With hordes of media in attendance and a large amount of down time, All-Star weekend is rife with interview requests, availability sessions, cameras and voice recorders. Ergo, it’s going to be tough for Thomas to continually offer “no comment” in reply to the (I’m assuming) hundreds of questions reporters will have at the ready.
Finally, a quick word about our coverage of the Thomas White House snub. Some readers (including one that keeps accusing us of trolling) are tired of this story, and that’s fair. But think of it this way: PHT is a conduit for everything that’s making news in the NHL and since Monday, Thomas has made a whole bunch of news.
Many quality writers and reporters — like Haggerty — are still asking questions and working hard to cover this situation. As such, it’s our job to present those stories.
And if you don’t like it, we’re sorry we were ever born.
/runs upstairs to bedroom
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 44
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 63
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (63)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)