Jan 26, 2012, 3:48 PM EST
Earlier this week, Boston goalie Tim Thomas sparked controversy by skipping the Bruins’ White House visit and posting a Facebook rant about his disillusionment with the American government. The reigning playoff MVP has yet to speak publicly about his actions and, with the 2012 NHL All-Star festivities now upon us, CSNNE’s Joe Haggerty thinks the silence should be broken:
The next four days in Ottawa will be interesting. With hordes of media in attendance and a large amount of down time, All-Star weekend is rife with interview requests, availability sessions, cameras and voice recorders. Ergo, it’s going to be tough for Thomas to continually offer “no comment” in reply to the (I’m assuming) hundreds of questions reporters will have at the ready.
Finally, a quick word about our coverage of the Thomas White House snub. Some readers (including one that keeps accusing us of trolling) are tired of this story, and that’s fair. But think of it this way: PHT is a conduit for everything that’s making news in the NHL and since Monday, Thomas has made a whole bunch of news.
Many quality writers and reporters — like Haggerty — are still asking questions and working hard to cover this situation. As such, it’s our job to present those stories.
And if you don’t like it, we’re sorry we were ever born.
/runs upstairs to bedroom
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 3
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 8
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 52
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 75
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (137)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)