Jan 26, 2012, 3:48 PM EDT
Earlier this week, Boston goalie Tim Thomas sparked controversy by skipping the Bruins’ White House visit and posting a Facebook rant about his disillusionment with the American government. The reigning playoff MVP has yet to speak publicly about his actions and, with the 2012 NHL All-Star festivities now upon us, CSNNE’s Joe Haggerty thinks the silence should be broken:
The next four days in Ottawa will be interesting. With hordes of media in attendance and a large amount of down time, All-Star weekend is rife with interview requests, availability sessions, cameras and voice recorders. Ergo, it’s going to be tough for Thomas to continually offer “no comment” in reply to the (I’m assuming) hundreds of questions reporters will have at the ready.
Finally, a quick word about our coverage of the Thomas White House snub. Some readers (including one that keeps accusing us of trolling) are tired of this story, and that’s fair. But think of it this way: PHT is a conduit for everything that’s making news in the NHL and since Monday, Thomas has made a whole bunch of news.
Many quality writers and reporters — like Haggerty — are still asking questions and working hard to cover this situation. As such, it’s our job to present those stories.
And if you don’t like it, we’re sorry we were ever born.
/runs upstairs to bedroom
- Selanne offers harsh criticism of Boudreau’s handling of him 0
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 7
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 9
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 19
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 19
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 51
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)