Jan 26, 2012, 3:48 PM EDT
Earlier this week, Boston goalie Tim Thomas sparked controversy by skipping the Bruins’ White House visit and posting a Facebook rant about his disillusionment with the American government. The reigning playoff MVP has yet to speak publicly about his actions and, with the 2012 NHL All-Star festivities now upon us, CSNNE’s Joe Haggerty thinks the silence should be broken:
The next four days in Ottawa will be interesting. With hordes of media in attendance and a large amount of down time, All-Star weekend is rife with interview requests, availability sessions, cameras and voice recorders. Ergo, it’s going to be tough for Thomas to continually offer “no comment” in reply to the (I’m assuming) hundreds of questions reporters will have at the ready.
Finally, a quick word about our coverage of the Thomas White House snub. Some readers (including one that keeps accusing us of trolling) are tired of this story, and that’s fair. But think of it this way: PHT is a conduit for everything that’s making news in the NHL and since Monday, Thomas has made a whole bunch of news.
Many quality writers and reporters — like Haggerty — are still asking questions and working hard to cover this situation. As such, it’s our job to present those stories.
And if you don’t like it, we’re sorry we were ever born.
/runs upstairs to bedroom
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 35
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 25
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)