Jan 26, 2012, 3:48 PM EDT
Earlier this week, Boston goalie Tim Thomas sparked controversy by skipping the Bruins’ White House visit and posting a Facebook rant about his disillusionment with the American government. The reigning playoff MVP has yet to speak publicly about his actions and, with the 2012 NHL All-Star festivities now upon us, CSNNE’s Joe Haggerty thinks the silence should be broken:
The next four days in Ottawa will be interesting. With hordes of media in attendance and a large amount of down time, All-Star weekend is rife with interview requests, availability sessions, cameras and voice recorders. Ergo, it’s going to be tough for Thomas to continually offer “no comment” in reply to the (I’m assuming) hundreds of questions reporters will have at the ready.
Finally, a quick word about our coverage of the Thomas White House snub. Some readers (including one that keeps accusing us of trolling) are tired of this story, and that’s fair. But think of it this way: PHT is a conduit for everything that’s making news in the NHL and since Monday, Thomas has made a whole bunch of news.
Many quality writers and reporters — like Haggerty — are still asking questions and working hard to cover this situation. As such, it’s our job to present those stories.
And if you don’t like it, we’re sorry we were ever born.
/runs upstairs to bedroom
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 0
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 31
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 19
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 82
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (82)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)