Jan 25, 2012, 11:54 AM EST
Via Puck Daddy comes news that ThunderBug, the Tampa Bay Lightning mascot – check that: the woman inside the ThunderBug costume – has been fired over the Silly Stringing of a Bruins fan, an incident we highlighted last week.
As you may recall, the Bruins fan didn’t take too kindly to ThunderBug’s antics and promptly attacked the mascot from behind.
With more, here’s WTSP in Tampa Bay, whose take-no-prisoners investigative team uncovered the story:
It wasn’t reported what other “factor” besides the Silly String incident may have led to the woman’s dismissal, but we hope it was for smoking cigarettes while wearing the costume.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 43
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)