Jan 25, 2012, 11:54 AM EDT
Via Puck Daddy comes news that ThunderBug, the Tampa Bay Lightning mascot – check that: the woman inside the ThunderBug costume – has been fired over the Silly Stringing of a Bruins fan, an incident we highlighted last week.
As you may recall, the Bruins fan didn’t take too kindly to ThunderBug’s antics and promptly attacked the mascot from behind.
With more, here’s WTSP in Tampa Bay, whose take-no-prisoners investigative team uncovered the story:
It wasn’t reported what other “factor” besides the Silly String incident may have led to the woman’s dismissal, but we hope it was for smoking cigarettes while wearing the costume.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 0
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 51
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (54)