Jan 25, 2012, 11:54 AM EDT
Via Puck Daddy comes news that ThunderBug, the Tampa Bay Lightning mascot – check that: the woman inside the ThunderBug costume – has been fired over the Silly Stringing of a Bruins fan, an incident we highlighted last week.
As you may recall, the Bruins fan didn’t take too kindly to ThunderBug’s antics and promptly attacked the mascot from behind.
With more, here’s WTSP in Tampa Bay, whose take-no-prisoners investigative team uncovered the story:
It wasn’t reported what other “factor” besides the Silly String incident may have led to the woman’s dismissal, but we hope it was for smoking cigarettes while wearing the costume.
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 48
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 28
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 3
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25