Jan 25, 2012, 11:54 AM EDT
Via Puck Daddy comes news that ThunderBug, the Tampa Bay Lightning mascot – check that: the woman inside the ThunderBug costume – has been fired over the Silly Stringing of a Bruins fan, an incident we highlighted last week.
As you may recall, the Bruins fan didn’t take too kindly to ThunderBug’s antics and promptly attacked the mascot from behind.
With more, here’s WTSP in Tampa Bay, whose take-no-prisoners investigative team uncovered the story:
It wasn’t reported what other “factor” besides the Silly String incident may have led to the woman’s dismissal, but we hope it was for smoking cigarettes while wearing the costume.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 33
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 47
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)