Jan 25, 2012, 11:54 AM EST
Via Puck Daddy comes news that ThunderBug, the Tampa Bay Lightning mascot – check that: the woman inside the ThunderBug costume – has been fired over the Silly Stringing of a Bruins fan, an incident we highlighted last week.
As you may recall, the Bruins fan didn’t take too kindly to ThunderBug’s antics and promptly attacked the mascot from behind.
With more, here’s WTSP in Tampa Bay, whose take-no-prisoners investigative team uncovered the story:
It wasn’t reported what other “factor” besides the Silly String incident may have led to the woman’s dismissal, but we hope it was for smoking cigarettes while wearing the costume.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28