Jan 25, 2012, 9:23 AM EDT
A lot of Tim Thomas‘ Bruins teammates are putting on the good face to say that his decision to not join the team at the White House for their visit with President Barack Obama. Others in the organization aren’t too happy though.
Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe talks about Thomas’ White House snub once again today and in speaking with some Bruins players and staffers, he finds out that not everyone was happy about Thomas staying back at the hotel.
It was Timmy being Timmy.
“[Expletive] selfish [expletive],’’ one team source said.
Filling in the blanks there would only tell you that Thomas opting to avoid President Obama manged to peeve those close to the team. These ill feelings pop up even in spite of the Bruins knowing about Thomas’ decision for some time. Milan Lucic, however, tells Shinzawa that not everyone is taking things so close to heart.
“It is what it is,’’ Bruins winger Milan Lucic said. “I don’t think it really matters what I think about it. I still enjoyed the day and took part in the opportunity.
“I know the other guys that were there had a lot of fun. It’s something that I, personally, will remember for the rest of my life.’’
You would like to think that Thomas’ decision won’t lead to discord in the Bruins locker room, but things are uncomfortable right now. Winning will cure all ills, but with this story left to fester during the All-Star Break we’re not likely to see things die down anytime soon.
- Subban, Habs can’t agree to terms before arbitration hearing 0
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 19
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 63
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)