Jan 25, 2012, 9:23 AM EDT
A lot of Tim Thomas‘ Bruins teammates are putting on the good face to say that his decision to not join the team at the White House for their visit with President Barack Obama. Others in the organization aren’t too happy though.
Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe talks about Thomas’ White House snub once again today and in speaking with some Bruins players and staffers, he finds out that not everyone was happy about Thomas staying back at the hotel.
It was Timmy being Timmy.
“[Expletive] selfish [expletive],’’ one team source said.
Filling in the blanks there would only tell you that Thomas opting to avoid President Obama manged to peeve those close to the team. These ill feelings pop up even in spite of the Bruins knowing about Thomas’ decision for some time. Milan Lucic, however, tells Shinzawa that not everyone is taking things so close to heart.
“It is what it is,’’ Bruins winger Milan Lucic said. “I don’t think it really matters what I think about it. I still enjoyed the day and took part in the opportunity.
“I know the other guys that were there had a lot of fun. It’s something that I, personally, will remember for the rest of my life.’’
You would like to think that Thomas’ decision won’t lead to discord in the Bruins locker room, but things are uncomfortable right now. Winning will cure all ills, but with this story left to fester during the All-Star Break we’re not likely to see things die down anytime soon.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)