Jan 25, 2012, 9:23 AM EDT
A lot of Tim Thomas‘ Bruins teammates are putting on the good face to say that his decision to not join the team at the White House for their visit with President Barack Obama. Others in the organization aren’t too happy though.
Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe talks about Thomas’ White House snub once again today and in speaking with some Bruins players and staffers, he finds out that not everyone was happy about Thomas staying back at the hotel.
It was Timmy being Timmy.
“[Expletive] selfish [expletive],’’ one team source said.
Filling in the blanks there would only tell you that Thomas opting to avoid President Obama manged to peeve those close to the team. These ill feelings pop up even in spite of the Bruins knowing about Thomas’ decision for some time. Milan Lucic, however, tells Shinzawa that not everyone is taking things so close to heart.
“It is what it is,’’ Bruins winger Milan Lucic said. “I don’t think it really matters what I think about it. I still enjoyed the day and took part in the opportunity.
“I know the other guys that were there had a lot of fun. It’s something that I, personally, will remember for the rest of my life.’’
You would like to think that Thomas’ decision won’t lead to discord in the Bruins locker room, but things are uncomfortable right now. Winning will cure all ills, but with this story left to fester during the All-Star Break we’re not likely to see things die down anytime soon.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 2
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 32
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 143
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 28
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (145)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)