Jan 25, 2012, 9:23 AM EST
A lot of Tim Thomas‘ Bruins teammates are putting on the good face to say that his decision to not join the team at the White House for their visit with President Barack Obama. Others in the organization aren’t too happy though.
Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe talks about Thomas’ White House snub once again today and in speaking with some Bruins players and staffers, he finds out that not everyone was happy about Thomas staying back at the hotel.
It was Timmy being Timmy.
“[Expletive] selfish [expletive],’’ one team source said.
Filling in the blanks there would only tell you that Thomas opting to avoid President Obama manged to peeve those close to the team. These ill feelings pop up even in spite of the Bruins knowing about Thomas’ decision for some time. Milan Lucic, however, tells Shinzawa that not everyone is taking things so close to heart.
“It is what it is,’’ Bruins winger Milan Lucic said. “I don’t think it really matters what I think about it. I still enjoyed the day and took part in the opportunity.
“I know the other guys that were there had a lot of fun. It’s something that I, personally, will remember for the rest of my life.’’
You would like to think that Thomas’ decision won’t lead to discord in the Bruins locker room, but things are uncomfortable right now. Winning will cure all ills, but with this story left to fester during the All-Star Break we’re not likely to see things die down anytime soon.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 10
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 5
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 39
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)