Jan 25, 2012, 12:50 PM EST
Antero Niittymaki might just finally get his wish.
The problem for Niittymaki is that there’s nowhere to go in San Jose and given how little Greiss plays, there’s no chance for him with the Sharks. With those post-injury worries in mind, we’ll find out now if teams in need of a lift in goal bite on picking up Niittymaki.
The Tampa Bay Lighting have been struggling in goal all season but after winning four in a row, GM Steve Yzerman may not want to risk mixing things up. If Tampa Bay opted to grab Niittymaki it would be a familiar situation as he played for the Lightning two seasons ago.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54