Jan 25, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
There’s been a lot of roster spot swapping when it comes to the 2012 NHL All-Star Game, but fans won’t need to worry about missing out on Dallas Stars sophomore Jamie Benn.
The Canadian Press reports that Benn has been confirmed for the game, which was in reasonable doubt considering that whole “appendix removed” thing.
Fans who’ve never witnessed Benn in action are in for a treat. He’s a fairly big skater on paper, but he seems even more robust on the ice; Benn just about bull-rushes through defenders on his best nights. That sense of adventure and explosiveness could be a joy to watch in the context of a wide-open All-Star game.
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 4
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 58
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)