Jan 25, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
There’s been a lot of roster spot swapping when it comes to the 2012 NHL All-Star Game, but fans won’t need to worry about missing out on Dallas Stars sophomore Jamie Benn.
The Canadian Press reports that Benn has been confirmed for the game, which was in reasonable doubt considering that whole “appendix removed” thing.
Fans who’ve never witnessed Benn in action are in for a treat. He’s a fairly big skater on paper, but he seems even more robust on the ice; Benn just about bull-rushes through defenders on his best nights. That sense of adventure and explosiveness could be a joy to watch in the context of a wide-open All-Star game.
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 0
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 15
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 21
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 29
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 5
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 14
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 2
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (55)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)