Jan 25, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
There’s been a lot of roster spot swapping when it comes to the 2012 NHL All-Star Game, but fans won’t need to worry about missing out on Dallas Stars sophomore Jamie Benn.
The Canadian Press reports that Benn has been confirmed for the game, which was in reasonable doubt considering that whole “appendix removed” thing.
Fans who’ve never witnessed Benn in action are in for a treat. He’s a fairly big skater on paper, but he seems even more robust on the ice; Benn just about bull-rushes through defenders on his best nights. That sense of adventure and explosiveness could be a joy to watch in the context of a wide-open All-Star game.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)