Jan 25, 2012, 9:30 PM EST
There’s been a lot of roster spot swapping when it comes to the 2012 NHL All-Star Game, but fans won’t need to worry about missing out on Dallas Stars sophomore Jamie Benn.
The Canadian Press reports that Benn has been confirmed for the game, which was in reasonable doubt considering that whole “appendix removed” thing.
Fans who’ve never witnessed Benn in action are in for a treat. He’s a fairly big skater on paper, but he seems even more robust on the ice; Benn just about bull-rushes through defenders on his best nights. That sense of adventure and explosiveness could be a joy to watch in the context of a wide-open All-Star game.
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 9
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 9
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 24
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)