Jan 25, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
There’s been a lot of roster spot swapping when it comes to the 2012 NHL All-Star Game, but fans won’t need to worry about missing out on Dallas Stars sophomore Jamie Benn.
The Canadian Press reports that Benn has been confirmed for the game, which was in reasonable doubt considering that whole “appendix removed” thing.
Fans who’ve never witnessed Benn in action are in for a treat. He’s a fairly big skater on paper, but he seems even more robust on the ice; Benn just about bull-rushes through defenders on his best nights. That sense of adventure and explosiveness could be a joy to watch in the context of a wide-open All-Star game.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 16
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 14
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 60
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (60)