Jan 24, 2012, 1:26 PM EST
Right after the puck clanged the goalie, he got to his skates and headed directly to the dressing room area, stopping only briefly to angrily put his stick on the bench.
The agitated goalie spent time in the medical room with Tim Macre. The athletic trainer then met privately with coach Lindy Ruff.
When asked later if he was OK, Miller said, “Yeah,” and walked away.
Ruff added: “I think he’s OK.”
PS – Can you think of a worse goalie to hit up high with a shot during practice than Miller? I feel like he’d hold a grudge. Probably gonna give Gragnani the silent treatment for a month.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 111
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 94
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 105
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (126)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (119)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (105)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (95)