Jan 24, 2012, 8:59 AM EDT
Jonathan Quick was in good spirits after the Kings 4-1 win at Staples Center on Monday night. It was the Kings last game before the all-star break – they don’t play again until February 1 – and the team ended on a relatively high note. While the rest of the team will have a week off before their next practice, Jonathan Quick will have the honor of heading to Ottawa for the All-Star Game festivities.
After the game, Quick talked about facing off against Daniel Alfredsson – one of the all-star captains – in his final game before the break:
“Yeah, he scored, so I don’t know if he’s going to pick me now,” Quick said. “I didn’t have a good showing against Boston either, so I might go in one of the later rounds. We’ll see…”
Even if he’s the last goaltender picked, either Daniel Alfredsson or Zdeno Chara will be getting a steal. He’s fourth in the league in both goals against average (1.93) and save percentage (.934). His league-leading six shutouts aren’t hurting his case either.
“It’s exciting,” Quick said about his first All-Star appearance. “It’s something, especially for me, I’ve never been a part of. I’m just looking forward to taking it all in. Obviously, they’re not going to keep you too busy. You’re going to play in the skills competition and the game; but you’re going to have time off to relax—so I’m looking forward to that too.”
Maybe someone should tell him that the skills competition isn’t all that relaxing for goaltenders.
- Kronwalled: Red Wings defenseman levels Lightning’s Kucherov 0
- Video: Mrazek makes astounding save, Stamkos brawls again 6
- 2015 Norris Trophy finalists: Doughty, Karlsson and Subban 24
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 22
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 14
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 74
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 50
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)