Jan 24, 2012, 8:59 AM EDT
Jonathan Quick was in good spirits after the Kings 4-1 win at Staples Center on Monday night. It was the Kings last game before the all-star break – they don’t play again until February 1 – and the team ended on a relatively high note. While the rest of the team will have a week off before their next practice, Jonathan Quick will have the honor of heading to Ottawa for the All-Star Game festivities.
After the game, Quick talked about facing off against Daniel Alfredsson – one of the all-star captains – in his final game before the break:
“Yeah, he scored, so I don’t know if he’s going to pick me now,” Quick said. “I didn’t have a good showing against Boston either, so I might go in one of the later rounds. We’ll see…”
Even if he’s the last goaltender picked, either Daniel Alfredsson or Zdeno Chara will be getting a steal. He’s fourth in the league in both goals against average (1.93) and save percentage (.934). His league-leading six shutouts aren’t hurting his case either.
“It’s exciting,” Quick said about his first All-Star appearance. “It’s something, especially for me, I’ve never been a part of. I’m just looking forward to taking it all in. Obviously, they’re not going to keep you too busy. You’re going to play in the skills competition and the game; but you’re going to have time off to relax—so I’m looking forward to that too.”
Maybe someone should tell him that the skills competition isn’t all that relaxing for goaltenders.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 10
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25