Jan 24, 2012, 8:59 AM EST
Jonathan Quick was in good spirits after the Kings 4-1 win at Staples Center on Monday night. It was the Kings last game before the all-star break – they don’t play again until February 1 – and the team ended on a relatively high note. While the rest of the team will have a week off before their next practice, Jonathan Quick will have the honor of heading to Ottawa for the All-Star Game festivities.
After the game, Quick talked about facing off against Daniel Alfredsson – one of the all-star captains – in his final game before the break:
“Yeah, he scored, so I don’t know if he’s going to pick me now,” Quick said. “I didn’t have a good showing against Boston either, so I might go in one of the later rounds. We’ll see…”
Even if he’s the last goaltender picked, either Daniel Alfredsson or Zdeno Chara will be getting a steal. He’s fourth in the league in both goals against average (1.93) and save percentage (.934). His league-leading six shutouts aren’t hurting his case either.
“It’s exciting,” Quick said about his first All-Star appearance. “It’s something, especially for me, I’ve never been a part of. I’m just looking forward to taking it all in. Obviously, they’re not going to keep you too busy. You’re going to play in the skills competition and the game; but you’re going to have time off to relax—so I’m looking forward to that too.”
Maybe someone should tell him that the skills competition isn’t all that relaxing for goaltenders.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 21
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)