Jan 24, 2012, 8:59 AM EDT
Jonathan Quick was in good spirits after the Kings 4-1 win at Staples Center on Monday night. It was the Kings last game before the all-star break – they don’t play again until February 1 – and the team ended on a relatively high note. While the rest of the team will have a week off before their next practice, Jonathan Quick will have the honor of heading to Ottawa for the All-Star Game festivities.
After the game, Quick talked about facing off against Daniel Alfredsson – one of the all-star captains – in his final game before the break:
“Yeah, he scored, so I don’t know if he’s going to pick me now,” Quick said. “I didn’t have a good showing against Boston either, so I might go in one of the later rounds. We’ll see…”
Even if he’s the last goaltender picked, either Daniel Alfredsson or Zdeno Chara will be getting a steal. He’s fourth in the league in both goals against average (1.93) and save percentage (.934). His league-leading six shutouts aren’t hurting his case either.
“It’s exciting,” Quick said about his first All-Star appearance. “It’s something, especially for me, I’ve never been a part of. I’m just looking forward to taking it all in. Obviously, they’re not going to keep you too busy. You’re going to play in the skills competition and the game; but you’re going to have time off to relax—so I’m looking forward to that too.”
Maybe someone should tell him that the skills competition isn’t all that relaxing for goaltenders.
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 5
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9