Jan 24, 2012, 4:45 PM EDT
U.S. Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) couldn’t have picked a better time to get smashed in the face with a hockey stick.
Kerry was at the White House yesterday for the ceremony honoring the Stanley Cup-winning Boston Bruins, and the 68-year-old came complete with two black eyes and a broken nose that he got during a game of hockey with family and friends over the holiday.
Kerry spokeswoman Whitney Smith confirmed how he got the shiners.
“He must feel like Mitt Romney after South Carolina,” said Smith, as per The Boston Globe.
Romney, of course, was smashed in the face with a hockey stick by Newt Gingrich this past weekend in South Carolina.
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 6
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 18
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 13
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 125
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (125)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)