Jan 24, 2012, 4:45 PM EDT
U.S. Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) couldn’t have picked a better time to get smashed in the face with a hockey stick.
Kerry was at the White House yesterday for the ceremony honoring the Stanley Cup-winning Boston Bruins, and the 68-year-old came complete with two black eyes and a broken nose that he got during a game of hockey with family and friends over the holiday.
Kerry spokeswoman Whitney Smith confirmed how he got the shiners.
“He must feel like Mitt Romney after South Carolina,” said Smith, as per The Boston Globe.
Romney, of course, was smashed in the face with a hockey stick by Newt Gingrich this past weekend in South Carolina.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)