Jan 24, 2012, 4:45 PM EST
U.S. Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) couldn’t have picked a better time to get smashed in the face with a hockey stick.
Kerry was at the White House yesterday for the ceremony honoring the Stanley Cup-winning Boston Bruins, and the 68-year-old came complete with two black eyes and a broken nose that he got during a game of hockey with family and friends over the holiday.
Kerry spokeswoman Whitney Smith confirmed how he got the shiners.
“He must feel like Mitt Romney after South Carolina,” said Smith, as per The Boston Globe.
Romney, of course, was smashed in the face with a hockey stick by Newt Gingrich this past weekend in South Carolina.
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 0
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 9
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 26
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 32
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10