Jan 24, 2012, 12:09 PM EST
The 2012 All-Star Game just got a lot hairier.
The Flyers’ power forward has 25 goals, tied for sixth in the NHL, so the news is no surprise – especially after his natural hat trick Sunday against the Bruins.
Hartnell admitted after initially not being chosen that it was a letdown.
“Yeah, it was a little disappointing, not going to lie,” he said, as per CSNPhilly.com. “I’ve had a good season thus far, our team’s had a great season thus far, we’re right at the top of the Eastern Conference. I thought there’d be an outside chance. But it wasn’t meant to be. I can’t be worried about it.”
And when asked if he’d still go if he were an injury replacement?
“Of course I would [go],” he said. “To play with the best players in the league at an All-Star game, it’s obviously a great accomplishment. I’d be there in a heartbeat. Like I said, it was probably a little disappointing, but if I get on a second or third list or whatever, I’d still be there.”
Meanwhile, Alex Ovechkin pouts.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)