Jan 24, 2012, 12:09 PM EDT
The 2012 All-Star Game just got a lot hairier.
The Flyers’ power forward has 25 goals, tied for sixth in the NHL, so the news is no surprise – especially after his natural hat trick Sunday against the Bruins.
Hartnell admitted after initially not being chosen that it was a letdown.
“Yeah, it was a little disappointing, not going to lie,” he said, as per CSNPhilly.com. “I’ve had a good season thus far, our team’s had a great season thus far, we’re right at the top of the Eastern Conference. I thought there’d be an outside chance. But it wasn’t meant to be. I can’t be worried about it.”
And when asked if he’d still go if he were an injury replacement?
“Of course I would [go],” he said. “To play with the best players in the league at an All-Star game, it’s obviously a great accomplishment. I’d be there in a heartbeat. Like I said, it was probably a little disappointing, but if I get on a second or third list or whatever, I’d still be there.”
Meanwhile, Alex Ovechkin pouts.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 6
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 15
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)