Jan 24, 2012, 12:09 PM EST
The 2012 All-Star Game just got a lot hairier.
The Flyers’ power forward has 25 goals, tied for sixth in the NHL, so the news is no surprise – especially after his natural hat trick Sunday against the Bruins.
Hartnell admitted after initially not being chosen that it was a letdown.
“Yeah, it was a little disappointing, not going to lie,” he said, as per CSNPhilly.com. “I’ve had a good season thus far, our team’s had a great season thus far, we’re right at the top of the Eastern Conference. I thought there’d be an outside chance. But it wasn’t meant to be. I can’t be worried about it.”
And when asked if he’d still go if he were an injury replacement?
“Of course I would [go],” he said. “To play with the best players in the league at an All-Star game, it’s obviously a great accomplishment. I’d be there in a heartbeat. Like I said, it was probably a little disappointing, but if I get on a second or third list or whatever, I’d still be there.”
Meanwhile, Alex Ovechkin pouts.
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 0
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 3
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 155
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 101
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 128
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (128)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (101)