Jan 24, 2012, 12:09 PM EDT
The 2012 All-Star Game just got a lot hairier.
The Flyers’ power forward has 25 goals, tied for sixth in the NHL, so the news is no surprise – especially after his natural hat trick Sunday against the Bruins.
Hartnell admitted after initially not being chosen that it was a letdown.
“Yeah, it was a little disappointing, not going to lie,” he said, as per CSNPhilly.com. “I’ve had a good season thus far, our team’s had a great season thus far, we’re right at the top of the Eastern Conference. I thought there’d be an outside chance. But it wasn’t meant to be. I can’t be worried about it.”
And when asked if he’d still go if he were an injury replacement?
“Of course I would [go],” he said. “To play with the best players in the league at an All-Star game, it’s obviously a great accomplishment. I’d be there in a heartbeat. Like I said, it was probably a little disappointing, but if I get on a second or third list or whatever, I’d still be there.”
Meanwhile, Alex Ovechkin pouts.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 11
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 30
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)