Jan 24, 2012, 12:09 PM EDT
The 2012 All-Star Game just got a lot hairier.
The Flyers’ power forward has 25 goals, tied for sixth in the NHL, so the news is no surprise – especially after his natural hat trick Sunday against the Bruins.
Hartnell admitted after initially not being chosen that it was a letdown.
“Yeah, it was a little disappointing, not going to lie,” he said, as per CSNPhilly.com. “I’ve had a good season thus far, our team’s had a great season thus far, we’re right at the top of the Eastern Conference. I thought there’d be an outside chance. But it wasn’t meant to be. I can’t be worried about it.”
And when asked if he’d still go if he were an injury replacement?
“Of course I would [go],” he said. “To play with the best players in the league at an All-Star game, it’s obviously a great accomplishment. I’d be there in a heartbeat. Like I said, it was probably a little disappointing, but if I get on a second or third list or whatever, I’d still be there.”
Meanwhile, Alex Ovechkin pouts.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 7
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 84
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 68
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (84)