Jan 24, 2012, 4:14 PM EDT
Anaheim general manager Bob Murray is hoping to put an end to the speculation that he could trade Teemu Selanne prior to the Feb. 27 deadline.
Murray said yesterday that it won’t be happening. And just so everyone’s clear, he asked reporters to “make that [message] very strong” in their articles, as per the Los Angeles Times.
Selanne has a no-trade clause, so even if Murray did want to make a deal, it would have to be approved by the player
And what if Selanne goes to the GM and requests a trade to a Stanley Cup contender, or perhaps even his first team, the Winnipeg Jets? Last week the 41-year-old didn’t exactly dismiss the notion.
Even though the Ducks are 8-1-1 in their last 10 games, they’re still 11 points back of eighth-place Colorado in the Western Conference. By the end of February – FYI, the Ducks have an eight-game road trip from Feb. 10-23 – they could be all but officially out of the playoff picture.
With that in mind, PHT has decided to keep an open mind and continue to report any Selanne trade speculation that may come across our desk.
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 3
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 4
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 11
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 34
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)