Jan 24, 2012, 4:14 PM EDT
Anaheim general manager Bob Murray is hoping to put an end to the speculation that he could trade Teemu Selanne prior to the Feb. 27 deadline.
Murray said yesterday that it won’t be happening. And just so everyone’s clear, he asked reporters to “make that [message] very strong” in their articles, as per the Los Angeles Times.
Selanne has a no-trade clause, so even if Murray did want to make a deal, it would have to be approved by the player
And what if Selanne goes to the GM and requests a trade to a Stanley Cup contender, or perhaps even his first team, the Winnipeg Jets? Last week the 41-year-old didn’t exactly dismiss the notion.
Even though the Ducks are 8-1-1 in their last 10 games, they’re still 11 points back of eighth-place Colorado in the Western Conference. By the end of February – FYI, the Ducks have an eight-game road trip from Feb. 10-23 – they could be all but officially out of the playoff picture.
With that in mind, PHT has decided to keep an open mind and continue to report any Selanne trade speculation that may come across our desk.
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 7
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 16
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 37
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 20
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)