Jan 24, 2012, 4:14 PM EDT
Anaheim general manager Bob Murray is hoping to put an end to the speculation that he could trade Teemu Selanne prior to the Feb. 27 deadline.
Murray said yesterday that it won’t be happening. And just so everyone’s clear, he asked reporters to “make that [message] very strong” in their articles, as per the Los Angeles Times.
Selanne has a no-trade clause, so even if Murray did want to make a deal, it would have to be approved by the player
And what if Selanne goes to the GM and requests a trade to a Stanley Cup contender, or perhaps even his first team, the Winnipeg Jets? Last week the 41-year-old didn’t exactly dismiss the notion.
Even though the Ducks are 8-1-1 in their last 10 games, they’re still 11 points back of eighth-place Colorado in the Western Conference. By the end of February – FYI, the Ducks have an eight-game road trip from Feb. 10-23 – they could be all but officially out of the playoff picture.
With that in mind, PHT has decided to keep an open mind and continue to report any Selanne trade speculation that may come across our desk.
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 20
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 17
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)