Jan 24, 2012, 4:37 PM EDT
Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby isn’t rushing back to the Steel City anytime soon.
That’s what head coach Dan Bylsma told reporters today in updating the status of his star player. Crosby is still in California after meeting with neurological spine specialist Dr. Robert S. Bray and will remain there to treat his post-concussion symptoms.
Once again, Bylsma said there’s no timetable for Crosby’s return — but in this instance, no timetable for his return to the ice or to the city of Pittsburgh.
“Not a timetable because it’s possible he could stay there for a little bit of a break as well,” Bylsma told the Penguins website. “Not a definitive day for him to be back in Pittsburgh, because he’ll be staying on the beach for a little bit.”
Beach living aside, Crosby’s in L.A. to work with Bray at the DISC Sports and Spine center, which Bray founded and is now the official sports and spine center of the L.A. Kings. Bray’s website includes testimonials from 2008 U.S. Olympic team members Sarah Haskins (triathlon) and Melanie Roach (weightlifting) — he also worked with the American contingent that went to Vancouver for the 2010 Winter Games.
Prior to meeting Bray in California, Crosby met with noted chiropractic neurologist Ted Carick in Atlanta.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 9
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)