Jan 24, 2012, 4:37 PM EST
Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby isn’t rushing back to the Steel City anytime soon.
That’s what head coach Dan Bylsma told reporters today in updating the status of his star player. Crosby is still in California after meeting with neurological spine specialist Dr. Robert S. Bray and will remain there to treat his post-concussion symptoms.
Once again, Bylsma said there’s no timetable for Crosby’s return — but in this instance, no timetable for his return to the ice or to the city of Pittsburgh.
“Not a timetable because it’s possible he could stay there for a little bit of a break as well,” Bylsma told the Penguins website. “Not a definitive day for him to be back in Pittsburgh, because he’ll be staying on the beach for a little bit.”
Beach living aside, Crosby’s in L.A. to work with Bray at the DISC Sports and Spine center, which Bray founded and is now the official sports and spine center of the L.A. Kings. Bray’s website includes testimonials from 2008 U.S. Olympic team members Sarah Haskins (triathlon) and Melanie Roach (weightlifting) — he also worked with the American contingent that went to Vancouver for the 2010 Winter Games.
Prior to meeting Bray in California, Crosby met with noted chiropractic neurologist Ted Carick in Atlanta.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 2
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)