Jan 24, 2012, 4:37 PM EDT
Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby isn’t rushing back to the Steel City anytime soon.
That’s what head coach Dan Bylsma told reporters today in updating the status of his star player. Crosby is still in California after meeting with neurological spine specialist Dr. Robert S. Bray and will remain there to treat his post-concussion symptoms.
Once again, Bylsma said there’s no timetable for Crosby’s return — but in this instance, no timetable for his return to the ice or to the city of Pittsburgh.
“Not a timetable because it’s possible he could stay there for a little bit of a break as well,” Bylsma told the Penguins website. “Not a definitive day for him to be back in Pittsburgh, because he’ll be staying on the beach for a little bit.”
Beach living aside, Crosby’s in L.A. to work with Bray at the DISC Sports and Spine center, which Bray founded and is now the official sports and spine center of the L.A. Kings. Bray’s website includes testimonials from 2008 U.S. Olympic team members Sarah Haskins (triathlon) and Melanie Roach (weightlifting) — he also worked with the American contingent that went to Vancouver for the 2010 Winter Games.
Prior to meeting Bray in California, Crosby met with noted chiropractic neurologist Ted Carick in Atlanta.
- Video: Johnny Hockey puts on a show in Flames win 0
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)