Jan 24, 2012, 4:37 PM EDT
Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby isn’t rushing back to the Steel City anytime soon.
That’s what head coach Dan Bylsma told reporters today in updating the status of his star player. Crosby is still in California after meeting with neurological spine specialist Dr. Robert S. Bray and will remain there to treat his post-concussion symptoms.
Once again, Bylsma said there’s no timetable for Crosby’s return — but in this instance, no timetable for his return to the ice or to the city of Pittsburgh.
“Not a timetable because it’s possible he could stay there for a little bit of a break as well,” Bylsma told the Penguins website. “Not a definitive day for him to be back in Pittsburgh, because he’ll be staying on the beach for a little bit.”
Beach living aside, Crosby’s in L.A. to work with Bray at the DISC Sports and Spine center, which Bray founded and is now the official sports and spine center of the L.A. Kings. Bray’s website includes testimonials from 2008 U.S. Olympic team members Sarah Haskins (triathlon) and Melanie Roach (weightlifting) — he also worked with the American contingent that went to Vancouver for the 2010 Winter Games.
Prior to meeting Bray in California, Crosby met with noted chiropractic neurologist Ted Carick in Atlanta.
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 3
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 2
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 2
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 24
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 7
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 38
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 90
- Torres won’t appeal suspension, Sharks call punishment ‘grossly unfair’ 10
- Flyers owner Snider: ‘I didn’t pick Bryz’ 60
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Discuss: Penguins knock Islanders out of playoffs (99)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (90)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Watch live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas