Jan 24, 2012, 4:37 PM EST
Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby isn’t rushing back to the Steel City anytime soon.
That’s what head coach Dan Bylsma told reporters today in updating the status of his star player. Crosby is still in California after meeting with neurological spine specialist Dr. Robert S. Bray and will remain there to treat his post-concussion symptoms.
Once again, Bylsma said there’s no timetable for Crosby’s return — but in this instance, no timetable for his return to the ice or to the city of Pittsburgh.
“Not a timetable because it’s possible he could stay there for a little bit of a break as well,” Bylsma told the Penguins website. “Not a definitive day for him to be back in Pittsburgh, because he’ll be staying on the beach for a little bit.”
Beach living aside, Crosby’s in L.A. to work with Bray at the DISC Sports and Spine center, which Bray founded and is now the official sports and spine center of the L.A. Kings. Bray’s website includes testimonials from 2008 U.S. Olympic team members Sarah Haskins (triathlon) and Melanie Roach (weightlifting) — he also worked with the American contingent that went to Vancouver for the 2010 Winter Games.
Prior to meeting Bray in California, Crosby met with noted chiropractic neurologist Ted Carick in Atlanta.
- Luongo leaves game, Panthers nearly run out of goalies 1
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 47
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)